Author Topic: A Few Different Bikes From The CHehalis Event  (Read 3093 times)

Offline Tahitian_Red

• Legend
  • Mugen ME480
    • View Profile
A Few Different Bikes From The CHehalis Event
« on: August 12, 2008, 04:46:38 am »
Here are a few out of the norm bikes I spotted at the 2008 AHRMA Chehalis Event (500 entries!)

The "Factory Novice"
California, USA

'74 Suzuki TM100, '75 Bultaco 250 Pursang, '77 Honda XR75, '77 Suzuki RM125B, '77 Yamaha YZ400D, '79 Honda CR250RZ Moto-X Fox Replica, '83 Honda ME480RD Mugen

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
Re: A Few Different Bikes From The CHehalis Event
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 09:03:00 am »
very nice Red!
that first bike, Beta? looks soooo sweet! and i quite like the DT1/RT1 combo too
"flat bickie"

Offline JC

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 11:40:37 am »
Nice indeed!

Can anyone tell me hwat sort of frame the Honda is in?

firko

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 11:47:20 am »
John the frame's a Champion and is similar to my old Champion Honda from 15 years ago. The way he has the tank mounted and the rear fender going over the frame loop is a little weird. I reckon mine looked much better.

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 02:35:35 pm »
Noticed the bikes (where I can see  and excluding the megaphone on Firkos ex Champion XL..) all appear to be fitted with quietening silencers. Anybody know the USAs noise rulings? Actually the twin piper CZ looks like it has got Suzuki X7 250cc Chambers :D :D :D :D :D 
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 02:54:16 pm »
IM not so sure thats a champion frame, most champions have the square swing arm, and have normal shock mount point under the seat, with a brace coming at a longer angle to meet closer to the countershaft also the rear loop is weird like its an add on slip fit, somthing not right in there which is taking that rear end out too far and makes it look soooo wrong.

Id be going for somthing else, redline, C and J or definately post 75, could even be a copy like a gringo, but id leave it open. but the tank is definately an ugly add on mount and that pipe is a real dunger.

And is that a YZa front and rear ? what a waste.....
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

firko

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 10:09:29 pm »
I had a better look at it and actually compared it to my Champion and I think you're right Freako. I was going by T Reds own photo id and not looking hard enough. My guess is that it's a Redline but the round swingarm has me stuffed. Most American aftermarket frames have square section swingarms. Whatever it is, it's damn ugly.

Offline Tahitian_Red

• Legend
  • Mugen ME480
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2008, 01:16:22 am »
Firko,

I named the photo incorrectly.  He told me it was a Track Master frame.  They were more famous for Flat Track frames than MX frames.  Sorry about that. ;D
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 01:17:55 am by Tahitian_Red »
The "Factory Novice"
California, USA

'74 Suzuki TM100, '75 Bultaco 250 Pursang, '77 Honda XR75, '77 Suzuki RM125B, '77 Yamaha YZ400D, '79 Honda CR250RZ Moto-X Fox Replica, '83 Honda ME480RD Mugen

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2008, 11:08:07 am »
Good variety of bikes their Red.

Tim, that 360 twin pipe possibly has a set of my chambers. I put some mufflers on a set of twin pipe chambers at a customers request around 2000 & after the bike appeared in VMX #12 I ended up with more orders for them. Originally they had a large stinger tube with a washer welded inside. I'm led to believe they run a bit better with a more conventional muffler/ stinger arrangement. Most guys that want to race their twinpipes seem to prefer with the mufflers while I make the original stinger version for the showbikes.
These chambers started 7-8 years ago long before the current noise fiasco which goes to show that most guys are concerned about the noise issue, with or without noise rules.
Allthough one guy complained that with the mufflers he could now hear lots of engine noises that he preferred not to know about ;D

The Honda engine doesn't seem outof place in that frame, it's just the tank/seat/guard that make it look odd.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/