Author Topic: 1st Maico  (Read 3083 times)

Offline gus58

• Novice
    • View Profile
1st Maico
« on: December 23, 2015, 01:51:22 am »
I picked up a 490 83 5 speed sand spider in good nick for the right price.... It should arrive in Melb tomorrow, then drive down to pick it up after new year. Ok now a couple of Q's for the Maico men..... Is an alloy tank more revered than the standard plastic, or should I hunt a plastic one down and is there anything a Maico owner should be particularly aware of, kinda do's and don'ts that are unique to this make or maybe model?  Ive had plenty of Bultys but this is the first 3rd reich Luftwaffe bomber Ive owned.

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: 1st Maico
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 06:27:02 pm »
MAICO at CHIPPY"S is an encyclopedia on Maicos and is carrying a stock of spares. Chippy is sponsoring the Queensland Championships and you can reach him through the Brisbane MCC facebook or website

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 11:55:35 am »
I picked up a 490 83 5 speed sand spider in good nick for the right price.... It should arrive in Melb tomorrow, then drive down to pick it up after new year. Ok now a couple of Q's for the Maico men..... Is an alloy tank more revered than the standard plastic, or should I hunt a plastic one down and is there anything a Maico owner should be particularly aware of, kinda do's and don'ts that are unique to this make or maybe model?  Ive had plenty of Bultys but this is the first 3rd reich Luftwaffe bomber Ive owned.

I see on face book that you are looking for a set of Crank Cases?
Are you still wanting them?
I have a set of five speed cases I bought from Germany.
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 09:56:23 pm »
If it's the one I'm thinking of it's a 84 4 speed