Author Topic: For Sale - Suzuki RM 125 1996 restored to near new!  (Read 878 times)

Offline Staffy23

• Novice
    • View Profile
For Sale - Suzuki RM 125 1996 restored to near new!
« on: December 24, 2015, 06:49:54 pm »
http://www.ozvmx.com/photo/albums/1996-suzuki-rm-125-restoration

Hello Ozvmx Forum members!

My name is Broderick and I am a newbie to Ozvmx Forums.

I have recently restored a 1996 Suzuki RM 125 as closely to a new shop purchased bike as I could. The  bike was very original to begin with so l spent time stripping and respraying the frame and I rebuilt the top end with an LA Sleeve. Unfortunately, the previous owner started the bike with old fuel and I believe the old and fuel had separated and therefore seized the top end. The bike still ran when I purchased it but not well enough, hence the rebuild.

I have completed the following work;

Stripped and resprayed frame in PJ1 Suzuki Charcoal
New cylinder sleeve (LA Sleeve) and Wiseco piston, rings, gudgeon pin, bearing, clips and gaskets
Carb service
New spark plug (Iridium NGK)
New Polisport plastic kit (except radiator guards and tank which are original)
New rear brake pads
Clean and regrease linkage and rear suspension components
Clean and regrease head stem bearings
New coolant and gearbox oils
Service air filter
Respray expansion chamber in high temperature matt black
Repack muffler and paint end caps in high temperature matt black
New Scott Hurricane Grips
Strip and respray magneto cover and clutch side engine covers
New Factory Effex radiator graphics (from 1996)
New swing arm decals (replica of original)

The RM is very original and presents as new. I even purchased and added the original warning labels to the rear guard!

I am prepared to assist with shipping nationwide by dropping at a freight yard. I do not have the facilities to pack and crate it though so this will have to be organised by the potential buyer.

The RM would be a great bike for the collector and the closest you may ever see to a new 1996 RM 125. I am only selling to fund my next project and unfortunately I can't keep both.

Please view via the link at the top of the advert as I haven't worked out how to add photos as yet.

Thanks for looking and please contact me with any enquiries. I am asking $3750.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 06:55:11 pm by Staffy23 »