Author Topic: the fabulous Suzuki 1973 RV range  (Read 3446 times)

Offline g465b

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
the fabulous Suzuki 1973 RV range
« on: October 26, 2015, 07:23:59 pm »
scans of my original brochures of the incredibly stylish 1973 RV range ,  4hp,6hp or 10hp under the "big deep cushioned seat"....

[/URL]
[/img]

Offline dont

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: the fabulous Suzuki 1973 RV range
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 09:26:13 pm »
I love the standard equipment tyre pumps, though I'd guess they'd take a lot of pumps to inflate those tyres.

Offline Colin Jay

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 10:23:55 pm »
Some nice reference pictures.

I got this one a couple of weeks ago;

I bought it as a parts bike for this one which has been lurking in the shed for way to long;

I have a new set of tire on the way from the US and will be starting a full restoration in a few weeks time. I still need to source a few bits like the battery cover, a countershaft sprocket cover, a better front mudguard and some blinkers.

CJ
Why do things the easy way, when with a bit of effort you can really make it difficult for yourself!!

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 10:40:49 pm »
Owned an RV90 must be 30 years ago. i lived across the road from a beach so it seams logical. was pretty good dragging my fishing gear down to the rocks. When the fish wernt biting i liked pretending it was an RM80 on the hard stuff. it didnt like dragging my fat arse back up the soft dunes though. I always thought it was a rotary valve engine untill i reringed it as the carb was on the side surprise surprise for me. i bet you cant find one of those pumps though.

Offline rocketfrog

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2015, 08:03:16 am »
I used to pretend that dad's RV90 which he used for hunting and fishing was an RM80 too. Then my mate from school who raced his RM80 (methanol race tuned) gave me a spin on his bike, the RV 90 is not very much like a warmed up RM80 thats for sure. Pokey we must have a good imagination huh?
Political correctness is a doctrine,fostered by journalists and politicians, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Offline Toolboy

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2015, 09:07:05 am »
Col,

I continue to buy genuine parts from Suzuki for my RV's including the battery cover.

I couldn't find 6 volt globes for the gauges so I grab the original part number and called Suzuki, $4 each,,,hahahaha too easy

Tim
82 RM250Z
79 RM400N
76 RM370A
74 TM400L
05 M50 Boulevard
1986 RM80G
1974 RV125
1994 DS80
2005 JR50

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2015, 11:00:43 pm »
I used to pretend that dad's RV90 which he used for hunting and fishing was an RM80 too. Then my mate from school who raced his RM80 (methanol race tuned) gave me a spin on his bike, the RV 90 is not very much like a warmed up RM80 thats for sure. Pokey we must have a good imagination huh?

My imagination helped me split the skirt on the piston. :-[
and no they dont float like those ROKON things when you find some deep water. i was fishing on a sand spit and noted the tide was coming in so packed the gear up and headed home. Ooops i had forgot about the little puddle i rode thru to get to the spit. Hmm now about a metre deep in the middle and now 50 metres long. The little RV didnt even cough, just plodded thru.

Offline rocketfrog

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2015, 08:05:07 am »
Yep dads will still fire up 2nd kick now, it is like a little mechanical pack mule.
Political correctness is a doctrine,fostered by journalists and politicians, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Offline Phil N

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2015, 10:12:25 pm »
Can someone please tell me the approximate value of the yellow rv125 in the post written here .  I have seen one in similar condition and am thinking of buying it . Cheers Phil Newton