Author Topic: Whitepower shock exploded diagram, reservoir wanted.  (Read 3058 times)

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
Whitepower shock exploded diagram, reservoir wanted.
« on: September 16, 2015, 08:25:22 pm »
Just wondering if anyone might have a workshop manual for a mid-80's Whitepower rear shock?  I'm just rebuilding the shock on an '84 Honda CR500, the compression adjuster in the remote reservoir does not appear to have a spring pushing against the shims, doesn't look right to me; I'd imagine that a manual or diagram for other Whitepower monoshock units from the period could steer me in the right direction.  Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 08:32:45 pm by John Orchard »
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
Re: Whitepower shock exploded diagram?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 09:26:10 pm »
There is a manual floating around online. I should have partslist/parts diagram but i will need a little time to find it as its stored on CD and or in a folder and will need scanning. Are you in a rush?
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline Flipper

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 09:21:45 am »
I wouldn't mind a copy of the exploded diagram / parts list too (if I may), as I have an early WP shock that will probably need some work done on it soon.  :D

Offline D project

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 01:34:21 pm »
There is a manual on one of the KTM websites. Maybe KTM 495  it doesn't show the comp adjuster.
All the ones I've had haven't had springs for the shims. You just put tension on them when you turn the adjuster.

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 03:11:51 pm »
This one has a two of 'dished' washers, that have a total spring/flex travel of about 1mm, that keep pressure on a drilled orifice piece when in the full hard (tightened position), but as you back off the adjuster, for less compression damping resistance, the whole lot goes loose, more loose with every detent the adjuster is back-off.

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2015, 04:12:28 pm »
Look under " Draw. nr.99.36.46.09"   Part number 4681-1536

Where Walter?

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2015, 08:32:11 pm »
A forum'er has found the exploded diagram for me, thanks  :-)  Turns out there are a few parts missing from my reservoir, I might look at swapping the whole reservoir complete with compression adjuster ........ would anyone have a remote reservoir with compression adjuster that they want to sell?