Author Topic: New member intro  (Read 1326 times)

thylacine

New member intro
« on: August 07, 2008, 08:46:56 pm »
 Hi all. Quick profile of myself. Been into bikes for 40 ++ years and ridden on various types of bikes all over the place. Raced some, (Speedway and  Road) Fell of heaps, broke some bits (and the bike too) but had fun along the way. After all those spills of my impetuous youth I must be a good rider by now. Haven't spilled or broken anything for years (not the bike either) Slowing down a bit these days and funnily enough seem to see more. Weird eh?
Done some great trips and seen some wonderful sights ie:Cape York, Gulf Country and heaps of off road western Qld on duellies. Rode most of the good roads on east and south coasts on roadies.
Have to admit though that of all the bikes I've owned the Yammie TT / XT 500's are still my favourite. Accordingly I have just aquired a TT 500 (1979?) and a XT 250 (monoshock, gold rims - 1981?) Not sure wether to restore both or build a nice TT 500 monoshock. Sounds sacriligious I know but I need a good offroad toy for riding dwn here in the Tassie bush and beaches.
Has anyone fitted a 500 motor into a 250 frame? Any advice, scowls maybe.
I will also be on the lookout for a restorable XT 500 (SR 500?) for Sunday rides around the great twisties near where I live in Tassie
Cheers
Thylacine

Offline E74

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: New member intro
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 09:32:11 pm »
Hi, good to see anouther speedway rider here! enjoy...

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 09:40:11 pm »
Welcome, 8) there are a few tassie vmxer's on this forum.
Did you get to drop in and have a look at the Classic Nationals back in June at Carrick  ???
Best is in the West !!

Tony T

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 10:12:22 pm »
Hi ya thylacine.  ;D
Nice name....................  ;)
So you're into old Yam 500's, eh?
Have a look here. http://www.keynetonmcc.asn.au/muster_pages/main_page.html
Only a few weeks away.  ;D