Author Topic: She's a Honda Jim, But Not As We Know It [just my damn car]  (Read 823 times)

Offline OverTheHill

• Legend
    • View Profile
My old faithful Honda Vigor G20A 5 cylinder  [it's my farm car but was our good car till it cracked the screen a few years ago]. Broke a cam belt coming up the road last evening from getting some firewood & managed to coast all the way right to the shed, thinking-she's fkd, at last. But 'no', pulled it apart & found another old belt to fit [might regret that], cranked her up & runs perfect again, no tangled valves [well single cam but 4 valves per cylinder] but no bent valves from piston smacking. Maybe i'm just lucky but most likely is a clearance motor. Bastard to work on so left the covers off & left the ballancer belt off too which doesn't seem to affect it. North south motor but front wheel drive [got 4 of them] like collecting DT/RT's but take up more room lol. Just about caused grief as cranked it up minus radiator etc with only the bolt in the crank & no outside pulley & next thing the cam belt's wandering 3/4 off the cam pulley & tensioner roller while i'm watching it so switch it off quick & put the outer belt pulley/spacer on & pushed the belt back across. Anyway-not bikes but 'is' a Honda.