Author Topic: bultaco ignition enquiries  (Read 7931 times)

Offline Branchy

• B-Grade
  • husky 400 cross
    • View Profile
bultaco ignition enquiries
« on: June 06, 2015, 10:34:56 am »
Hi guys ive been outa bully's for a while making a little cemoto comeback I have a couple of questions in reguard a mk9 360 frontera (alias mk8 360 pursang) ignition

1. Bike has a twin coil setup , does it have to be run as a twin or can you use just one of the coils currently one is very weak

2. The tapers are they different from differing models

3. Can you interchange ignitions from different models sherpa alpina frontera pursang and can you use points ignitions on one that currently run electronc if so which years are compatible

4. I will explore all options before going down the pvl mzb path , there was another question but its gone maybe tomorrow I will think of it

thanks branchy
maybe a trip to gloucester for those boy'z really know how to throw a party ps dont mention dungog (must be some old footy rivalry)

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
Re: bultaco ignition enquiries
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 05:19:08 pm »
Branchy, you in Oz? If so speak to Peter Schoene at Bultaco Parts. Put CDI on my Bultys. Points are a thing of the past. I'm too old to stand there kicking the things into life. Oh and did I mention throw a Mikuni on too. Happiness will be yours. J

Offline Branchy

• B-Grade
  • husky 400 cross
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 05:39:42 pm »
will do
maybe a trip to gloucester for those boy'z really know how to throw a party ps dont mention dungog (must be some old footy rivalry)

Offline Branchy

• B-Grade
  • husky 400 cross
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 08:04:07 am »
bump
thanks for the info on the new parts from peter @ bultaco parts it seems that you have to find a points flywheel off a bully to fit the electronic ignition to the mk8 360 pursang will do if all else fails

still going with motoplat 2 coil system into one has spark just not co operating yet

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 12:25:58 pm »
branchy,any bully model points flywheel??,think i have one floating around,pretty sure it's an early sherpa 2fiddy??, :P
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline cemotobull

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 03:10:05 pm »
Branchy, get a powerdynamo electronic ignition for your Bully. I Run them in all my Bully's. They come with a flywheel in the kit!! Set and forget!! German engineering!!

Or I'll buy your engine!!!

https://www.powerdynamo.eu/shop/index.php?cPath=6_86&SESS=jlglajhsfdk37psma1l5jga8p98am9vpck0dis6fo0e44g0e2fu0

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 03:28:27 pm »
Other option new is electrexworld which I'm running on my CZ & TY250, there are about 4 different sets available including single & dual plug or lighting plus a separate system for the Sherpa. Could be worth investigating

http://www.electrexworld.co.uk/acatalog/STK-152.html

Offline cemotobull

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 05:46:09 pm »
Don't get the electrex in the double plug version. Peter Schoener from Bultaco parts will confirm they don't work and the electrex service is shite!!

Offline Branchy

• B-Grade
  • husky 400 cross
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2015, 07:14:23 pm »
thanks guys have something to work with now

HeavenVMX

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2015, 08:12:24 pm »
Branchy try these I have fitted a couple to my Monties and they are excellent quality. Not sure about the twin plug arrangement but have a look at the range or email them.

Scrivo

http://www.powerdynamo.biz/deu/systems/lists/bultaco.php

Offline cemotobull

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2015, 08:32:45 pm »
Branchy, I have the powerDynamo in both single and dual plug configurations on my Bully's.
Infact, you can buy either a dual HT coil or a single HT cool and it will work on the same stator set up!! Also, order the flywheel puller too as it is a different size to the Std bully.

HeavenVMX

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2015, 08:59:42 pm »
Branchy, I have the powerDynamo in both single and dual plug configurations on my Bully's.
Infact, you can buy either a dual HT coil or a single HT cool and it will work on the same stator set up!! Also, order the flywheel puller too as it is a different size to the Std bully.

Oops should have looked through the entire thread ::)

Offline Branchy

• B-Grade
  • husky 400 cross
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2015, 10:03:14 pm »
all good  8) don't pray for anymore rain at least it will fall as snow from now on  ::)