Author Topic: TM 250 Comlete exhaust system  (Read 4996 times)

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
TM 250 Comlete exhaust system
« on: July 04, 2013, 03:21:27 pm »
Hi, i'd like to keep it but im having GMC make me one of his lovely creations and trying to cut some costs with all the old bike spending im doing at the moment. Its in rather good order, has a patch on the header as can be seen in pics, muffler good but no baffle. Pics form majority of description, whats it worth? I really dont know, i'd like to think the $400 odd i'll have to hand over to our friend when he's finished the other pipe. If i'm waaaaay off the mark please feel free to let me know, courteously of course  ;D

THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: TM 250 Comlete exhaust system
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 10:33:14 am »
Too dear? No one needs one?? Is $350 more reasonable :-\
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 04:17:38 pm »
IF i know that bikes pipe, its in very good nick and not dented out, infact perfect body.   

There is NO logical reason other than you like to waste money to change that pipe out,  infact i believe you would not gain any disconcernable output from any other aftermarket pipe that could just ify the expense. 

I previously ran that bike with 3 differant pipes including a circle f and every time that pipe came out hands down best riddability and traction.

That pipe in that condition is worth much more than any other pipe your thinking of replacing it with, besides the fact that also fit properly and also dont crack at the support welds that most A/M pipe hung on TM do.

Me thinks your crazy... this is a rookie mistake.

74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 05:28:35 pm »
IF i know that bikes pipe, its in very good nick and not dented out, infact perfect body.   

There is NO logical reason other than you like to waste money to change that pipe out,  infact i believe you would not gain any disconcernable output from any other aftermarket pipe that could just ify the expense. 

I previously ran that bike with 3 differant pipes including a circle f and every time that pipe came out hands down best riddability and traction.

That pipe in that condition is worth much more than any other pipe your thinking of replacing it with, besides the fact that also fit properly and also dont crack at the support welds that most A/M pipe hung on TM do.

Me thinks your crazy... this is a rookie mistake.

All interesting info mate and obviously no one more qualified to give it in regards to this particular bike than yourself. I would have thought a GMC pipe wouldn't be bad idea as far as output goes but if no advantages are seen I'm none too fussed, to be completed honest (and i know some will hate this) I just like older bikes to have a slight modern touch if I'm gonna be racing them, aftermarket pipes, pro taper bars and grips, wide foot pegs, modern tyre treads etc etc. It's just personal preference, I don't like any sort of modern bodywork, non factory coulour changes/customization etc but some modern style items especially when it comes to where hands and feet connect with the bike is just how i like to have things. Appreciate your honest opinion though Kerry, thanks for your input  :)

Offline crs-and-rms

• Legend
  • heaven 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 07:54:07 pm »
hey rookie its your bike mate ,do the mods that you want we all have diffrent tastes and likes, i do mine as i would have done when i was racing them back in the day but with a little more money now i can do more , one of my mates dose his as they came from the factory with no mods at all ,gmc makes great pipes i have one for my rm250 c that im doing

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 04:29:55 pm »
Do the dyno, but id say youd be doing your dough... save the money and spend it on entry fees and tyres..
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 01:37:24 pm »
Bump

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2013, 02:24:44 pm »
bump the response Rookie.... did you do the dyno ?
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline Dono113

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2013, 09:00:28 am »
Hey Rook did ya sell the exhaust picked up my 69 TS and want a underslung pipe, but not sure if will fit
1983 CR125R
2003 CRF450R
CB750K1
2005 YZ85
1969 TS 250

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2013, 09:03:43 am »
Hey Rook did ya sell the exhaust picked up my 69 TS and want a underslung pipe, but not sure if will fit

Me neither but yes its still here  :)

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: TM 250 Comlete exhaust system NOW $250!!!
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2015, 08:47:52 pm »
If it's not worth that it can sit up there in the shed forever  :D

Offline Jumbo J

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2015, 06:14:56 pm »
ok, i'll take it - you going to CD or know someone who is? otherwise what will post be to Sydney ?

Offline Jumbo J

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2015, 09:20:56 pm »
Come in Rookie,
Again.. i will take the pipe for $250, just need to work out most cost effective way to get it to me either at CD or post to Sydney. Are you going to CD or know someone else who is and might have room for it? otherwise whats the postage ball park? i sent a set of forks to SA around 10kgs for $20.

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2015, 11:22:07 pm »
Come in Rookie,
Again.. i will take the pipe for $250, just need to work out most cost effective way to get it to me either at CD or post to Sydney. Are you going to CD or know someone else who is and might have room for it? otherwise whats the postage ball park? i sent a set of forks to SA around 10kgs for $20.

Hi there, unfortunately I'm not heading to CD and don't know anyone nearby that is. Not sure on freight, I can always bubble wrap it then send you weight and dimensions get some quotes if you'd like? Failing any of that I'll be at Harrow Vinduro on the last weekend of July and could hand it to a Welshman there who might get it a bit closer for ya??  I'll shoot you payment details via pm.