Author Topic: Newbie VMX Qs  (Read 7472 times)

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie VMX Qs
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2015, 01:42:12 PM »
One brand of 98 used to have issues with fouling plugs when run in carby motors (2 or 4 stroke). That brand doesn't have an outlet within 60km of my home, so I don't know if it's still true or not.

Ethanol blend fuels are a big unknown when it comes to mixing with non-castor oils.

But I've never heard of ethanol-free fuels not mixing with 2T oils.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2015, 02:07:30 PM »
From experience I'd stay away from 98 if it has ethanol added, cost me a tank in my sherco due to it swelling enough to not fit inside the frame anymore. Did some investigating & the same thing started happening around the world to different brands as ethanol was blended more often

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2015, 06:46:57 PM »
Not had any mixing issues even with the now discontinued United 100 fuel that had about 15% ethanol. I wonder if the plastic tank swelling is something to do with the type of plastic as there are plenty plastics that tolerate alcohols. But not many that tolerate fuels. I had 20 litres of avgas ruined by a black plastic jerry can. Super cheap sell a plastic jerry can that is marked as "unleaded safe".
Jesus only loves two strokes