Author Topic: The Disease  (Read 17980 times)

Offline ty4

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: The Disease
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2015, 06:34:15 pm »
i think i may be in the hoarder part of this thread.. i have a weakness for the 1980 G series IT yamahas...there are the makings of 4 IT 125's in the shed somewhere ::)
so i made an effort today to pull my finger out and get some bikes back together...albeit a 175 and get back into the collectors column.. the 125's will have their turn oneday ;D

cheers

tony

Offline fred99999au

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: The Disease
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2015, 07:32:13 pm »
Your bikes are all good looking, solid bikes Tony. Still was tempted by that 175 from Cooka. And that other one I spoke with you about over the phone.

One overriding thing that I am seeing on this thread is something was was said to me many years ago, when my dad retired, and that was without purpose, humans have no need to be on the planet.

As soon as you lose that purpose, for whatever, RSL lunch, croquet game, tennis match, you don't have a longing or need to be here.

Thankfully, my dad is still here but he is becoming more of an obstinate bastard and wont even come for a mothers day dinner this year. His life revolves around the telly, and crosswords.

I reckon he is waiting for the plug to be pulled despite being in pretty good health for a man in his mid 80s. I reckon he needs a dirt bike.