Author Topic: Seller wont accept cash on pickup.  (Read 5716 times)

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Seller wont accept cash on pickup.
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2015, 03:04:49 am »
Or he avoids having to renegotiate when the person turns up, it avoids some ass picking around the bike expecting it to be brand new and then making another low ball offer. It wastes everyones time  and it is amazing what some people think they can get away with.
formerly Marc.com

Offline William Doe

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2015, 05:32:43 am »
Nathan , .Com and a couple of others have summed it up well IMO .

It eliminates the Wanker factor on collection, perfectly acceptable conditions and if you don't like them don't bid , its simple .
Its only old bike racing FFS get over yourselves

The Artist formerly known as TM Bill

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2015, 07:22:59 am »
While I'm not 100% certain, I believe the seller is a fairly respected VMX enthusiast although he generally keeps a low profile.
K

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2015, 08:47:42 am »
if he has been burned by "clown" buyers, its reasonable to filter them out I guess. it has got some attention here. ;D

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2015, 09:15:08 am »
I wouldn't be worried at all. The guys has over 2000 transactions and a 100% feedback score. He has had a few nice bikes for sale over the years.
He also states that inspections are welcome.......
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2015, 02:39:33 pm »
I reckon that a phone call weeds out 99% of wankers and would-be scammers (as either buyer or seller).

I also reckon that lots of people are far too paranoid about "security". Yeah, I know that plenty of bikes get stolen, but there's a difference between "protecting your stuff" and "being a difficult, annoying fudgewit who is undermining his own chances of making a sale" (not specifically talking about this seller, but you can see that his attitude has deterred a few potential buyers).

Nothing is more off-putting than a seller who has been watching too many old spy movies, and thinks that telling you nothing makes him a hero.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.