Author Topic: Noob from the States  (Read 2182 times)

Offline vlxk

• Novice
    • View Profile
Noob from the States
« on: January 15, 2015, 12:52:09 pm »
Hello all,
I have been lurking around here for a couple of months and have been very impressed with the civility and the fun you guys seem to have on this forum.

Also, I have not found anything close to the support and knowledge of VMX bikes on any other forum or website I can find.

Buttering up is complete! I recently picked up an RM250C2 that I am rebuilding to do some motocross events on. There are several questions already on my mind and I'll ask them in the appropriate forum classification. But until then, I am looking forward to being a part of this great group of VMXers.

Kenny
RM250C2
Never take a laxative and sleeping pill at the same time

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Noob from the States
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 03:22:41 pm »
Gday Ken, all the best mate

Offline N22

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 10:01:11 pm »
G'day Noob,I am assuming that's the "United"States,just wondering what type of riding you do,or have done in the past,and the terrain in your part of the world.Out here a hill can be a bump in the road and anything over 100 feet is a mountain.
If you are not living on the Edge,you are taking up to much Space!!

BSA Gold Flash,Triumph Bonnevile,DT250A,YZ250B,PE250a.YZ125D,RM125C,RM125N,RM125X,IT175H,IT250G,03CRF250X,07CRF450X,O8CRF250

Offline vlxk

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 01:29:14 am »
I should have been a bit more specific, SW Missouri, USofA. :)

N22, Most recently I have been doing offroad hare scrambles type stuff on a KDX200. This area is the Ozark Mountains, not really mountains but some fairly tall ground. Lots of rocks though.

I have always been an MX kind of guy and really enjoyed the late 70s and early 80s era. I started on a CT70, then TS90, TM100, RM250A, then back to RM125A, B, and C models. Did a short stint with street bikes and back home to the dirt.

There is a moto park not far from where I live that has a great array of trails and a decent MX track that they have worked around to make it acceptable for VMX. They have had a couple of vintage events for the Missouri Vintage Series.

I hope to have the C2 up and running for the start of the season.

Sorry for the ramble!

RM250C2
Never take a laxative and sleeping pill at the same time

Offline oldmxracer

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 08:53:10 am »
You've found a good place here. These guys will have you saying "G'day" in no time.  ;)

I'm an Illinois guy and have ridden a handful of Curtis's MOVMX deals. Might be one of the best vintage series out there.

Offline alexbrown64

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 12:55:57 pm »
Welcome aboard Kenny.  I'm also hassling the guys out for opinions and info as well as adding my 5 cents worth.  Looking forward to seeing some pics of your build.  You sound lucky to live in such a nice spot with some good riding areas.
Cheers,
Alex