Author Topic: Possible NSW event venue.  (Read 1695 times)

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Possible NSW event venue.
« on: December 14, 2014, 09:20:45 pm »
So I've found a possible event venue, but am not sure if it is good enough and am looking for feedback:

1. 180 acres;
2. Mostly open paddocks, with a few acres of trees;
3. Plenty of rocks. It's typical of the landscape around here - dry and rocky with fine powdery dirt;
4. 5km of dirt roads off the highway - 2WD access is no drama with some care, but the bigger enclosed trailers might be an issue. A late-model XR6 with a car trailer requires some brains but no problem;
5. Approx 40km from Canberra (Yass side of Murrumbateman);
6. One 3m wide farm gate would need to be bunted for 2-way traffic, or you'd lose about 30 acres of paddock;
7. The owner wouldn't want a zillion bikes ripping the place up. I would think that a limit of 30 or 40 riders would be in place for the first event;
8. Plenty of room for pits/parking.

I reckon I can get a good 6km loop. It would not be a killer loop at that distance, but it would not be suitable for novices on short travel bikes. I quickly mapped out a 4km loop this afternoon, and rode it all without putting my feet down on an 84 DR250S with road-trail tyres.
There's plenty of potential for "hard" detours, which might add anything from 500m to 2km depending on how hard was too hard.
Could probably find another couple of kays if you were happy to zig-zag through paddocks. It might be possible to get as much as a 15km loop, but I think it would be a bit irritating at that distance.

So... Is this worth pursuing?

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Possible NSW event venue.
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 09:25:10 pm »
I would say yes. work on the loop a bit to get it run in then see if it fits in the pre 2000 series. always good to have a keen landholder

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 09:59:01 pm »
I have a vinduro bike now so I could be in
jim

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 10:05:17 pm »
Just curious, what sort of event licence do you have to get for the land. Is it like CD9 where you have to go to council with a DA?
Brett
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...