Author Topic: Yukkity Yuck ... i love it!  (Read 1917 times)

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
Yukkity Yuck ... i love it!
« on: November 27, 2014, 10:29:44 pm »
Saw this on fleabay Bike is a TS250X with no motor in it  (cant copy the link for some reason) my cynical comments in italics....apologies for taking the p*ss

still laughing at the last comment...

"Hi, Up for auction is a complete (really) 1986 Suzuki TS250X. (virtually identical to RM250) Really?? u never rode an RM obviously...

The Good:

Is identical to the RM250, so there are plenty of engine rebuild parts on the net. ooohh yeeeaahh....every part is the same.....

Tyres are good ;)

Brakes work ???

Comes with new set of clutch plates. ::)

Bolts and everything there (but no road things such as indicators or headlight or horn). or motor....what happened to the complete bike???.

The bad: :o

Front forks need new seals ($15 fix if DIY). Fifteen bucks???

Needs at the very least: a new piston kit. Con rod looks fine but may as well replace it while you have it open.

Dude...just tell us us its sh%%ged!!

Shattered piston has fallen into crankcase so will need to split the crankcase in order to get it all out. No sure on condition of bottom end but was fine before piston broke.   Riiiiiiiggghht.... I wonder if the non existant big end caused the piston to shatter.....

Feel free to inspect, call me (Chris) on 0425334759. Located in Hornsby, Pickup preferred but can deliver within a reasonable distance as long as you cover fuel.

Unfortunately I don't have the time to fix up this classic Suzuki, and these things fly when they go. My loss your gain. ;D

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
Re: Yukkity Yuck ... i love it!
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 10:46:00 pm »
"My loss is your gain"
So he is selling a flogged, incomplete, blown up middle aged suzuki which was not even anywhere near as good a model as say any Yammy IT built within the seven years prior? And the buyer is the one whom gain what?
In all fairness though his price is not over the top......
BTW absolutely nothing against suzuki's....

Good Luck...
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 10:48:41 pm by oldyzman »
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 08:19:59 am »
he should be doing labours election campaign....at least half the state will buy it!!

Offline Andrew L

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 08:25:46 am »
I saw this one a couple of days ago and thought exactly the same , Its the later frame and power valve motor so its not even vinduro legal either.
"You have not made any mistakes if you find extra pieces after assembling an object. In fact you have just found a way to make the object more efficient."