Author Topic: VindurWA get together 15-16 November 2014  (Read 2627 times)

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
VindurWA get together 15-16 November 2014
« on: November 17, 2014, 11:29:29 am »
Weekend Report 15-16 November at West Coast Trail Bike Park, Kirup
Firstly many thanks to John and Georgina and their very professional and friendly set up at West Coast trail Bike Park, they were brilliant.  Want to have a social ride, please use their facilities during their season.
Our Sponsors on the weekend that really added a great deal to the event including the start of a bank account, thank you to all the prospective member who donate cash to help start the account (amazing enthusiasm)
Motorcycle Pitstop
Bunbury City motorcycles
MX Retreads, Bunbury
Motorcycle Engineering, Bunbury
South West Yamaha
Bunbury KTM
A1 Signs Bunbury

Thanks to Kevin Shaw who took the time to arrange a lot of the sponsorship.  So please people use these dealers and make certain you mention you’re with VinduroWA, but don’t use my name it might cost you more.

So about the weekend.  A great social gathering, on Saturday culminating in an open air theatre, byo popcorn and alcohol to watch ‘On any Sunday’.  We should have charged admission ended up with around 40 people.  Thanks to Nick for the projector and sound system, we had a back up with Tobies equipment so all bases were covered until Christine decided to cause heart palpitations by placing a copy of the Secretary in the case as a joke!!.

Sunday morning, 25 riders registered and after the safety brief by John, who had marked out a special loop for us *the hard kids track!!!)  Are only hiccup was my poor explanation of what we were doing, which as usual was saved by Nick and Steve.  We were off on a sighting loop, no yellow flags or heaps of officials, just a heap of guys and girls, finally getting out on their pride and joy.  One has to feel sorry for Kevin Shaw, who’s IT only lasted 3km and had to walk back.  Steve’s RM didn’t get much further, looks like we were in trouble.  Ralph lost 3kilo’s trying to start the big Maico, but all with a smile on his face.  Jim Clayton decided he would let his PE have a little rest in the gully while everybody waited for him.  Nick almost found out the hard way, about the gear change being on the other side.

The event was a time trial over three loops, whatever time you set on the first loop you had to get as close to on the other two, points lost for early or late.  Special mention to Alan read who had never been off road and was a bit over awed, but with encouragement he became a fully qualified “Vinduro Wobbler” in more ways than one.  Neil Stevens was a proud ‘pom’ on his XT.  Every one who passed me and made certain I couldn’t breathe or see for the next 200 metres. The huskies of the Barclay clan (we’ll call them a clan as in cave men) were have a blast.  Stan Smith and party decided to have a group rest in a seemly deep rut, Note that one Barry, damn I hit it the next lap and flew off into the dead fall.  Holger had the Ossa circulating, sorry Holger we want the only commercially sold Alron Enduro bike next time.

Thanks to our timing girls Alison and Nicole and the Mathematician Steve for working out a result.  The winner on the day Craig Frost, had never won anything before in his life, was wrapped, second the cunning old stager Doug Barclay and the Wobbler of the Day to Alan Read for his great effort in completing the event and having to put up with so much advise.  Thanks once again to our great sponsors

Thank you to everyone who attended whether riding or just helping out.  Christine has taken a heap of photo’s that are on the face book page, if you want copies just email us and we’ll forward them.  If I’ve missed thanking anyone I do apologise

I’ll now write up about the meeting and send out soon.

photo's on our face book page https://www.facebook.com/vindurowa
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: VindurWA get together 15-16 November 2014
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 12:38:34 pm »
Sounds like it was a great day, nice pics too.

Spectator?

Tex
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 12:40:22 pm by Tex »

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 12:55:08 pm »
close friend just a little one 1mtre long
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline bigthumpa

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 11:03:50 pm »
Extremely pleased with the turnout on the weekend, everyone appeared to have a great time and I believe a few new friendships may have started. Great people, great cameraderie and great hosts in John and Georgina Staines. Roll on next year so we can have our next event!!

Nick

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 12:17:21 pm »
Amazing response, quite taken back by it all, we really seemed to have hit the spot with what we were trying to do.  Now, waiting, waiting, waiting for the wheels of bureacracy to turn!!
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 04:16:23 pm »
VinduroWA bumper sticker and triangle $5.00 [email protected]

1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250