Author Topic: I need to start selling on just bikes  (Read 2191 times)

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 04:43:02 pm by Slakewell »
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline hoppy

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: I need to start selling on just bikes
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 05:02:46 pm »
Prices and demand seem to be low and people are being opportunistic at the min.
But it only takes a person who has the cash and really wants it.
Had a look at a Husky WR240 82 last week and the guy wanted way to much, prob double.
He said he was happy to wait I spose he didn't really need or want to sell it.

saint

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 05:15:38 pm »
Maybe pressure by the "better half" to sell it.............. ;)

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 05:32:35 pm »
It's $3,250 for the bike and 4K for the mythical B alloy arm ;D
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

albrid-3

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 06:21:45 pm »
If this fellow restored the bike he has done a brilliant job, and I feel he is trying to recoup the money that he has put in to it, it costs a lot to restore to this standard.

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline Bamford#69

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 08:05:08 pm »
Hi
FFS  My CCM was sold 4 months ago
please no more phone calls
cheers

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2014, 08:55:18 pm »
just cars has a high percentage of the same cars every month so I would suppose its the same on the bikes.

Some "overpriced" cars have been in the mag for several years, praying someone has "missed" the GFC and is still prepared to pay 2008 prices ::)

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2014, 08:10:28 am »
The RM looks decent, not sure you could buy one & get it to the standard of the photo for anywhere near that money. Still a hard ask in today's 'don't pay full price, haggle haggle", media driven market. Anyone who's restored a bike to a high standard knows the time & money involved.
K

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2014, 08:32:05 am »
to get that standard of finish is hours and hours of work. its probably not so much no one wants to pay, more like those who want to have that can no longer pay.

in my business, there is an 70 - 80% unemployment currently, massive job losses as the industry "restructures" (putting it kindly). so a lot of 40 - 60 y/o who were into cars / bikes like this are living of savings currently or driving cabs. we wait for the world to turn a bit faster.

aust is now entering the gfc, the mining boom softened our landing but the massive investment has stopped, any project not making good money has been shot and all exploration has been curtailed heavily while commodity producers (gold coal iron ore etc) struggle to make a profit and or maximise returns to shareholders after a 5 year investment boom. the razor gangs are in, most companies are focussing on staff andcost reductions to either stay afloat or give something back to the scrip holders.

where did all this come from?? im getting a coffee (Pablo brand)

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2014, 08:50:20 am »
That RM has had a lot of money spent on it, it has some very rare expensive bits on it as well and you would throw a lot more money at a bike to build it to that std. If you paid 5K for that you would have a bargain. 7K is a lot and worth it in my book but the market is trashed at the moment. RM250A is probably the pick of a pre78 250....the A had a faster motor than the B. A lot of A's keep on racing through the next season because they where so good [they made twice as many A's to B's]. Must be hard to sell a bike like that which would have taken years to source the parts.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.