Author Topic: Planning group - Pre 2000 MX / Trail / Enduro 'Show & Go' this Sat 2nd Aug  (Read 1834 times)

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
There is a planning meeting scheduled for this Sat (2 Aug) at Shane's (Speed) place at Clarkefield, the venue of the combined VCM / Viper / CSC race event that was run at the end of last year.

We are discussing how to prepare a 'Show & Go' event (like Classic Dirt & Bonanza) for Pre 2000 motocross/trail/enduro machines.  Riders are welcome to bring their bikes to scope out the area to run a couple of enduro loops. Shane will be putting on a bbq lunch for attendees.

We need to discuus stuff like; whether we should run over 2 days, have riding both days, how large an area to set up for the 'Show' area, how many ride sessions each day, rider costs, what machine and rider sessions (Pre 75, Pre 78, Evo Pre 90, 2-stroke, Novice, Over 50 etc).

Anyone that would like to contribute help or ideas are welcome to come along, please rsvp to me if you're coming to help cater for lunch, also advise if you are bringing a bike.  I will reply with the exact address if you weren't there last year.

I expect to roll-up around 12.00 noon ish.

Regards, John
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
im taking the girls to broadford for the girls  ride day ,see what time it finishes I might drop in on the way home .
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

Offline dalesween

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
I would be keen, pretty dodgy forecast though...and the KTM shock is still at Sunbury Motorcycle Hub, you know the feeling of the longer it is there the more$$$ it will be,anyway i might come a for a drive(5 mins from home) and have a look around.

cheers Dale.

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
See ya there, hopefully i can get there in time for any proper "meeting" that happens. Looks like a nice day for it too  :)
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
I'll be there around Midday.

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
Hey Guy's,

Looks like we have a few guys coming out to Shane's place tomorrow afternoon, looks like most will be getting there between 1 & 2pm.  The weather is looking a bit wet & cold, bring a jacket.

You guy's are free to bring a bike, I guess it won't be much fun riding around but it will be handy to run around the property to decide a layout for the event.  I will bring my 4-wheeler, if you don't bring a bike you can snuggle-up on the back with me ;-)

I'll get there between 12 & 1pm.

Regards, John

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
Was a good meeting, good turnout, got a few items to cover, stay tuned  :-)