Author Topic: Mabsa  (Read 1075 times)

firko

Mabsa
« on: June 16, 2008, 11:04:30 am »
This little piece of weirdness prompts me to ask the eternal " WHY" question. It's obviously an '82 Maico but Frank Viradi in W.A. has fitted a mid sixties BSA B44 engine to it. How silly of me to think that the philosophy behind engine swaps is to improve the overall dynamics of the bike. This one defies logic. :-\

Doc

Re: Mabsa
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 09:03:01 pm »
sometimes Firko you have these little weird parts kicking around for ages with seemingly no home to go to. All of a sudden like a bolt of lightening you get a vision from God himself! (of course sometimes it can and will be the devil himself but that's okay too..he's not all bad!) This vision does not necessarily mean it will improve any dynamics and nine times out of ten it will generally detract from the overall value of the bike and parts in all but the creators eyes. Why? because he could  ;) I like it..a nice mix of era's ;D if I can build my RN370/400 replica it will only be eligible for Evo and I'll look pretty stoopid with 4 and 7 inches travel but eh..it's just something I want to build  :)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 09:16:39 pm by Doc »