Author Topic: Iv'e had a moment  (Read 1983 times)

Offline William Doe

• Legend
    • View Profile
Iv'e had a moment
« on: July 13, 2014, 01:06:20 pm »
Disclaimer : I personally dont believe in any religion or higher being .

I was just throwing 60% of a loaf of bread to the birds ( a ritual i do probably 3 or 4 times a week as i dont like even slightly stale bread and they dont sell it by the slice ) good news for the local birds  :)

Then it hit me ; this can only be a first world problem and i started thinking about many other things that i take for granted just because where i was born and where i choose to live .

Maybe its that i have indulged in a few discussions on here in the last week and possibly strained a few friendships over differences of opinion .

In another thread Yamaico Pete asked about my different race numbers on my bikes and long story short  it made me think about a childhood mate who was taken by cancer in the prime of his life leaving a wife and two boys behind .

Then DJ posted the Imposters thread and the memories of great times and great people i have been fortunate to meet and spend time with through motorcycling .

There are photos of Magoo ( Bruce Mcfarland) and Tony Lagor ( Sudman ) both awesome people who were again robbed in their  prime .

And like the bread all thats said on here is again First world problems  ::)

Im 51 and have lived a life i have enjoyed , if i had my time again there are many things i would do differently but i have not one iota of regret .

Things i take for granted are in no particular order
Still being here and in reasonably good health inspite of a life led to the full.
Having 2 healthy daughters and 2 healthy Step daughters
Access to health care and a welfare system should circumstances ever arise
The freeedom to have an opinion and publicly share it with anyone
Instant access to clean water ( so much of it we poo in it )
Instant access to eletricity
The right to travel wherever i want whenever i want
Not being persecuted for anything i say, do or believe
Going to bed at night and feeling safe in my own home and when i walk the streets.
Not having to go to war to protect my family and home
Have a fair and unbiased judicial system
And many many more things i take for granted just because i was born where i was and live where i do.

Tomorrow i will be back to being a bigoted ,opinionated arseole who finds somthing or somone to moan about whenever things dont go exactly to plan  ::)

Just wanted to share my thoughts , normal service will be resumed tomorrow  :)

RIP
Andy West (Pesty)
Bruce McFarland (Magoo)
Tony Lagor (Sudman)
Russell Mansel
Oliver Doe
And all other freinds and freinds of friends taken to soon .

Its only old bike racing FFS get over yourselves

The Artist formerly known as TM Bill

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Iv'e had a moment
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 01:40:59 pm »
Dito Mate ;) RIP Beeper
                         Doc D
                         Rat
                         Irgy
                         Langy
                         Rich

Offline suzuki59

• Legend
  • Kiwi VMX
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 01:49:37 pm »
Amen mate

Offline Iain Cameron

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 02:48:09 pm »
Too true , the list of mates is growing each year . Others are getting past it to play anymore, sometimes I feel like Im 100 years old but still try to play with my bikes to reassure myself Im not past it . Im only 54 .
Yamaha tragic ; dt1, rt1, dt2, rt2, dt2mx , rt2mx , mx250, mx360,sc500, 74dt125, yzx125, yzc250, yzc400, yzd250, yzd400, yzh250, yzh80 , dt100 , xr75 ko xr80 03 , it175 82 . Not a member of any club

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 03:20:40 pm »
we are the lucky few who can and still do indulge in their sport of choice at this age. not many footballers playing every weekend at 50+ y/o

we are also in Paradise...and for all those who think paradise is a dusty spot on the other side of the world...thank Christ you cant read maps! ;D ;D

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 05:14:59 pm »
Disclaimer : I personally dont believe in any religion or higher being .

I was just throwing 60% of a loaf of bread to the birds ( a ritual i do probably 3 or 4 times a week as i dont like even slightly stale bread and they dont sell it by the slice ) good news for the local birds  :)

Then it hit me ; this can only be a first world problem and i started thinking about many other things that i take for granted just because where i was born and where i choose to live .

Maybe its that i have indulged in a few discussions on here in the last week and possibly strained a few friendships over differences of opinion .
 Worth laminating and putting up  on the wall.

In another thread Yamaico Pete asked about my different race numbers on my bikes and long story short  it made me think about a childhood mate who was taken by cancer in the prime of his life leaving a wife and two boys behind .

Then DJ posted the Imposters thread and the memories of great times and great people i have been fortunate to meet and spend time with through motorcycling .

There are photos of Magoo ( Bruce Mcfarland) and Tony Lagor ( Sudman ) both awesome people who were again robbed in their  prime .

And like the bread all thats said on here is again First world problems  ::)

Im 51 and have lived a life i have enjoyed , if i had my time again there are many things i would do differently but i have not one iota of regret .

Things i take for granted are in no particular order
Still being here and in reasonably good health inspite of a life led to the full.
Having 2 healthy daughters and 2 healthy Step daughters
Access to health care and a welfare system should circumstances ever arise
The freeedom to have an opinion and publicly share it with anyone
Instant access to clean water ( so much of it we poo in it )
Instant access to eletricity
The right to travel wherever i want whenever i want
Not being persecuted for anything i say, do or believe
Going to bed at night and feeling safe in my own home and when i walk the streets.
Not having to go to war to protect my family and home
Have a fair and unbiased judicial system
And many many more things i take for granted just because i was born where i was and live where i do.

Tomorrow i will be back to being a bigoted ,opinionated arseole who finds somthing or somone to moan about whenever things dont go exactly to plan  ::)

Just wanted to share my thoughts , normal service will be resumed tomorrow  :)

RIP
Andy West (Pesty)
Bruce McFarland (Magoo)
Tony Lagor (Sudman)
Russell Mansel
Oliver Doe
And all other freinds and freinds of friends taken to soon .
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014, 05:36:55 pm »
Totally agree Bill. Things could be much much worse. IE Having red hair and barracking for Collingwood! NB I have no hair and barrack for Hawthorn! J