Author Topic: Rotax Engine ID  (Read 5419 times)

Offline Luffy

• C-Grade
  • Next project
    • View Profile
Rotax Engine ID
« on: July 01, 2014, 08:01:55 pm »
Hi is anyone able to tell externally if the 504 is mx or gs, as internally has differant cam and crank, but not sure if externally can be picked, have engine No if helps and is on Bing 54 but think both run this carby, only 600 had dellorto 40.
Dennis any thourths. also are you coming to harrow, as enterys are out but keep it on the QT. want classic euros up front....
Regards Luffy...

Offline mustanggrahame

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Rotax Engine ID
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 08:13:58 pm »
That will cause bottlenecks when they all break down.
RT1, DT1F, MX100A, TY80A, YZ80D, DT125E, CR125RE, 1982 KTM125RV, 1985 Can Am ASE, 1989 YZ250WR, 1991 YZ250WR

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 08:22:00 pm »
That will cause bottlenecks when they all break down.

Jeepers Grahame, you're absolutely right! You don't see many broken down Kawasakis! That green colour they make them in blends perfectly when they get hidden in the grass for later recovery................. ::)
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!

Offline Luffy

• C-Grade
  • Next project
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 09:34:07 pm »
well if they breakdown in the river the jap crap can ride over us, as they cant see water or they will go ba ba ba.

Offline gra1961

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 07:40:05 am »
hey luffy, i dont think that you could tell unless it had the lh cover off to see if it had a balance shaft as mx wont have balancer.cheers gregg.ps hopefully getting my dellorto sorted next week to stop grant from wingeing

Offline Luffy

• C-Grade
  • Next project
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 07:34:50 pm »
Thanks mate I thought that may be the case, was looking at the one in qld but think its a gs and want to build a mx and make it a twin shocker, have some fox airs and hybrid it a little, with loads of power?
What are you doing to carry then
Luffy

Offline oz555ktm

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2014, 10:56:58 pm »
Hi is anyone able to tell externally if the 504 is mx or gs, as internally has differant cam and crank, but not sure if externally can be picked, have engine No if helps and is on Bing 54 but think both run this carby, only 600 had dellorto 40.
Dennis any thourths. also are you coming to harrow, as enterys are out but keep it on the QT. want classic euros up front....
Regards Luffy...

Yes I am Coming To harrow ......No way would  I miss 

Cranks are diffent , cams, ballance shafts and Thats it.. can the only way that I know to tell the Diffrents
  is to Pull it a Part ...  Put you have had yours apart ...
And Please forgive me as I cant Spell for Shit ...
And I have very Bad Gramer ...too I been told ......

Offline gra1961

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2014, 06:56:45 am »
are you looking at the one on ebay?its not too far from my place if you want me to go and look at it for you.iam am dropping mine off to a fella to sort out the carby to get rid of the flat spot thats been doing my head in.

Offline Luffy

• C-Grade
  • Next project
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2014, 06:54:03 am »
Hi graham, yes it's the one on eBay looks like its had an spray can rebuild but it's all there and could do something with it, but was looking for mx so could give it the full monty and even put twin shocks on back?
Do you know this bloke and if poss could you arrange to go and have a look for me, would a slab cover it?
Regards luffy

Offline gra1961

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2014, 06:27:13 am »
you can call me gregg.yes i can have a look but not till probs sunday if that suits. iwill give you a call later in the week to organise.i just picked up a 86 500 2 stroke on the weekend.the one that was on ebay at tweed heads that had no water pump impeller.bike is as described but he forgot to mention that it was also missing 1st gear!

Offline Luffy

• C-Grade
  • Next project
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2014, 06:59:56 pm »
Sorry Fred I'm shocking with names,
Yes is that 500 the one in chesterfield stickers, if so I was tempted, but my sole was smashed when my one got nick buy druggy scum bags.
It's the best bike out there pre 1988 only kx500 comes close but the handling is spot on. after 88 it was I think changed to suit USA market, and you know yanks don't like corners just look at there cars?
Have some spares that might fit but no gearbox parts.
Give us a ring later in week, I think the only easy way to see if its an gs or mx is lay bike in side and take of sump plate and possible see if counter is between crank?
Got my clutch in bits as was slipping and ordered new one from Ron wood so need it fixed for harrow end of month. Sould be flying then.
Regards luffy

Offline gra1961

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2014, 07:28:26 am »
yeah cheers lofty,no the 500 2 stroke i bought was the cheaper one that had the big desert type tank.the seller who is also a dealer got back to me last night so i will see how he goes before i bag him.in his add for the bike it said that they had the water pump cover off and the housing was in good condition.i guess if you call only 2 of the 4 water pump cover bolt holes not totaly corroded away and there probably isnt enought metal left  to hold a seal in place for the end of the crank perhaps i am wrong but its not what i call good cond.lucky i am not going to bag him yet till i see what his idea of sorting this out turns out to be.ggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Offline Luffy

• C-Grade
  • Next project
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2014, 08:02:32 pm »
Thanks for the tip off just done deal on rotax nice guy. Owe you one.