Author Topic: Isle Man  (Read 1625 times)

albrid-3

Isle Man
« on: July 01, 2014, 07:28:51 pm »
I would like to now, is it worth going to the Isle Man to watch the TT in june for a day trip or do you need a couple.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 07:49:21 pm by Dave #14 »

Offline ji107

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Isle Man
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 07:52:11 pm »
You have to go for at least race week. If you only plan to go for one day, it may be  rained out and you will miss out. Also, you need to find somewhere good to watch from, I can recommend Glen Helen.

Offline Matador107

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 08:31:02 pm »
I'm not long back from the TT, it is something to be seen first hand by anyone who rides. Yes, week two for the racing is the one, it starts on the Friday of the practice week. I don't think it would be possible to go for 1 day as getting there by the ferry is nearly fully booked( closed shop), it is possible to fly there in an 18 seater to an airport a fair distance away.

For example if you lived in England and were thinking off going over on the ferry with your tent etc next year, ---your'e not--there are no spots left on the boats for next year to book your bike.

Somewhere to stay a few nights is the hard part, 5 of us went on a package tour and it was fantastic, there were about 160 Aussies and we were looked after like silk worms and were taken to unbelievable viewing spots etc.

Example. A lap of the track in a coach with Cameron Donald and Phillip McAllum doing the commentary giving us an insight to speeds , corners and braking markers.

Put it this way--- At times in certain sections flat out at approx 280 kmh on a road 5 metres wide, they set up to ride three corners ahead, therefore that road narrows down to about one foot wide.

Even the TT ZERO electric bikes do a 61 km lap in around 18 minutes.

I do go on but it is INSANE and must be seen once!!!
Bultaco Metralla, Matador MK 5, Montadero mk2, El Bandido model 18,plus lots of bits and two Honda XR's 250,350.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 09:51:06 pm »
On my bucket list, was going in 05 with 4 other guy's but the big C got one of the guy's so we put it on hold, hard to believe next year the would be 10 years.....on the up side, my mate beat the cancer and is going strong.....might have to ring him. 2 of the guy's had been before, we where going for the 2 weeks, had a camper van and farm/s to stay at. If you have never seen street road racing before then your missing one of motor racings most exciting sports. If you want to see some on the cheap, go to NZ at Christmas time and watch the Wanganui Cemetry circuit meeting on boxing day, there's a few street circuts in NZ, google them up....well worth the money. 8)
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2014, 07:09:30 pm »
Or Paeroa, great race threw town past shops is the main straight
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 07:18:36 pm »
Has anyone here ridden the Isle of Man tt??
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236