Author Topic: DT360 carb and settings  (Read 1095 times)

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
DT360 carb and settings
« on: July 11, 2014, 11:25:27 am »
Gday Carby and DT360A Guru's, what would be the ideal carb and settings for a DT360A thats going into a Pre75 motocross sidecar, at the moment thinking vm34mm mikuni ? settings ?
cheers

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
Re: DT360 carb and settings
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 12:19:28 pm »
Port designs? chamber specs ? gearing ? wear on bore? weight of complete unit? etc Gees Shelpi you have posed a tricky one.  Best find a carb, then the old hard work plug chop stuff.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: DT360 carb and settings
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 01:31:15 pm »
Port designs? chamber specs ? gearing ? wear on bore? weight of complete unit? etc Gees Shelpi you have posed a tricky one.  Best find a carb, then the old hard work plug chop stuff.
yer Tim ya right, why I said 34mm is I got one and the spigot is the right size for the 1974 MX250/360 inlet manifold come reed block, So want some specs to start me off in the right direction, am getting a pipe to lend from freaky see how it goes and then make one to suit, running DT400B cdi, gearing will use what we got then will change to suit, motor apparently new (rebuilt) only raced on sunday twice, looks good when ya perv up the exhaust port, will try to get it as light as possible.
This is a curry in a hurry build from scratch for Pt Augusta, so any input will be greatly appreciated ;)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 01:36:32 pm by shelpi »