Author Topic: Near Brand new Honda CR250  (Read 2283 times)

Offline mustanggrahame

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Near Brand new Honda CR250
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 09:55:10 am »
Has to be worth something like that. But what would you do with it if you owned it?
RT1, DT1F, MX100A, TY80A, YZ80D, DT125E, CR125RE, 1982 KTM125RV, 1985 Can Am ASE, 1989 YZ250WR, 1991 YZ250WR

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 10:10:20 am »
yes that is the dilemma.  for that money its destined as a garage queen only.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline Richo52

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 10:17:07 am »
Great looking bike.....how did that survive virtually unridden ? Price ok for what it is,where would you get another so original? But it wouldn't be wise to use it at that price.
SOME BIKES AND CARS

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 12:22:42 pm »
its amazing how some bikes end up like that.
there was a corvette found recently, 1967 model, fully optioned with only 2k miles on it. guy bought it new, drove it for a little while then the neighbours said
 " we just didn't see it anymore and assumed he had sold it"  fast forward to this year, guy carks it, no family, reclusive type and the lawyer opens the shed to find the car under cover in magnificent shape, Christ knows what it sold for..427, 4 speed, white with blue stripes, American flag seats you name it. so they are out there....

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 01:06:10 pm »
We're not talking big dollars here, most will spend 10-13k on a brand euro/jap modern day trail bike to hit the bush with mates far less times per annum than they thought they would when they purchased it. Now if you're thing is racing pre 90 why wouldn't you just buy it and race it?? Between you initial purchase and a few seasons of racing you'll spend close the price of this bike on one that's slowly falling to pieces and the already deteriorating pieces becoming damaged beyond repair. I see buying this to race in pre 90 a god send, considering you'll spend about the same on a current model mx'er to race your local series and you could buy one from any dealer in the country if this sells for anything under 10k it's a bargain. Add your own touches, hop on and ride!  ;)
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

albrid-3

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2014, 02:06:09 pm »
We're not talking big dollars here, most will spend 10-13k on a brand euro/jap modern day trail bike to hit the bush with mates far less times per annum than they thought they would when they purchased it. Now if you're thing is racing pre 90 why wouldn't you just buy it and race it?? Between you initial purchase and a few seasons of racing you'll spend close the price of this bike on one that's slowly falling to pieces and the already deteriorating pieces becoming damaged beyond repair. I see buying this to race in pre 90 a god send, considering you'll spend about the same on a current model mx'er to race your local series and you could buy one from any dealer in the country if this sells for anything under 10k it's a bargain. Add your own touches, hop on and ride!  ;)
[/quote
I do agree with rookie, I once owes a brand new CZ 250 1980`s model, still in its crate, when I sold it I didn`t get much more for it over a 2 year period, I sold it because I would never use it, but
now, I would use it and get the enjoyment from it. If I found I new enduro bike in its crate, and it was the right year for vinduro, I would use it. I am over shed queens, I have lost years of riding time
and wasting money restoring sh-t boxes, if I could buy a new vintage bike, I would ride it.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 02:13:59 pm by Dave #14 »

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2014, 07:50:25 pm »
What amazes me is that people wanting $10k + for a bike can't even be fcuked taking decent pics of it.