Author Topic: Murphy's Creek Vinduro  (Read 17629 times)

Offline NSR

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
Re: Murphy's Creek Vinduro
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2014, 11:40:13 pm »
Sorry I had to miss it, Mick. Life got in the way.  As Tex says sometimes its just like that.  It doesn't make ya feel any better.  I should know. 
I have asked my club if we can run another Conondale Vinduro Sprint and its a tough sell even to myself.  I still believe a mix of comp and trail rides are the way to go. 
As much as I would have liked us to have a good number of riders at vinduros by now, it's not happening yet.  Maybe if we could just get the MX guys to give it a go, But I wouldn't count on that.  I know it's tough but we just have to keep running them and telling every one how good they are.   
John, I don't see how having a QVMX club event on the same day made it easier for them ??? 

The Swvm though the tree's! http://youtu.be/4h6BbasT16I
Metalink Conondale vinduro sprint. May 19/20 2018    
www.metalink.net.au  Bike trailers & Canopies

Offline Ozadvntr

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2014, 12:47:26 pm »
Thanks all,

yes, we let a lot of people know at Classic Dirt, perhaps we should have had a few posters done up. Lawrie and I both were up there for the whole weekend talking to people.

Where does everyone suggest we advertise?

Noel is right though, there is a huge amount of bikes up here in SEQLD and both clubs seem to be struggling to get numbers attending events, either as a rec ride or a competition event. I do think that having these events on the QVMX calender is a great thing and can only help Vinduro grow. I can be contacted via Email [email protected]

Mick

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2014, 01:08:12 pm »
Maybe instead of the QVMX calendar.  How about getting them on the MQ calendar or maybe see if the MQ sub-committee can sort out a facebook page.  So there is consistency state wide.

Noel

I realise the Vinduro at Conondale was rained out the first time, but then the club moved onto a date that Brisbane MCC ran an Inter-Club MX at Harrisville.  If you clash Classic racing or events someone will suffer. Also maybe try a Vinduro that permits Veteran riders on more modern bikes to ride.  Younger riders must be on Vintage bikes etc.  Or just combine it with something else to get the numbers and make it viable.

Kevin
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

Offline Sweep Rider

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2014, 08:46:31 pm »
Thanks to Laurie and Mick and the rest of the club for probably the best laid out track yet in the past 3 years of attending...... and yes Laurie I got to see more of the property than most as I ended up following the wrong coloured arrows not ONCE BUT TWICE......
When I finally got to ride the section I missed I found out it was probably the best section of the loop.
Anyway had an absolute ball both days... and have a couple of bruises to show for it..  :P

In relation to advertising Mick I would agree with the MQ and QVMX calendar as the place to have the events listed in addition to the 2 main forums. Having a QVMX event on the same weekend in my opinion hurt numbers as I know at least 6 guys who would have normally come if the QVMX event did not get changed.

Thanks again for a great weekend of great riding and catching up with other riders.

Cheers Terry
1974 TM 250, 1974 XL 250 Moto Sport, 1976 RM 370A, 1976 RM 125A, 1977 IT 250D, 1978 SP 370, 1984 XR 200R