Author Topic: Oh the pain!  (Read 3843 times)

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
Oh the pain!
« on: June 13, 2014, 01:57:13 pm »
Well it's been nearly 3 weeks since my crash & I'm not too bad although still a bit sore & slow. My lung has come good & I'm breathing back to normal. I have to say the worst of it was the day of the crash when they put the chest tube in, no local anaesthetic just an hallucinogenic drug called Ketamine. It did nothing but wig me out for 1/2 an hour, what an experience. I have no idea why junkies would want to do that, the nurse told me to keep my eyes closed but I opened them. I saw some really weird shit in that ER room for a bit. I felt everything as the doc pushed the tube through my ribs and was apparently very vocal to him. My partner said I looked terrified, maybe I was, that drug is not something I do not want to have again.
So seeing I'm laid up for a bit, I've opted to go in for the "chop" tonight & will say goodbye to my potency at 5:00pm. A bit more pain, 10 pairs of jocks & another weekend on the couch. Hopefully that's it for one month.
K

Offline Scunge

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Oh the pain!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 01:59:44 pm »
Hang in there, so to speak :).

saint

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 02:39:09 pm »
Wow!
I remember it vividly many years ago.
Came home, hit the lounge for some rest and telly. (No pain)
Fell asleep for a few hours...............when I woke, it felt like Mal Meninga had kicked me between the legs!  :o

A mate from work had it done as well, tried it out as soon as he got home before the local had worn off. ;D

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 03:22:32 pm »
You were not dreaming you were seeing weird shit in ER. Thats normal! Good luck with the castration. No pain just do what the doc says and avoid using it for a while. I went with my neighbour. I for once did what I was told and was back in the saddle within I think 2 weeks. Old mate Dave next door split some firewood walked a few k"s and tried it out that night. Balls went black and he nearly lost them! J

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 04:50:21 pm »
Sure you weren't at a vets, ketamine is horse tranquilliser or at least that's what I thought until looking it up online
When I had my roadbike accident that resulted in a broken femur, wrist & collapsed lung they definitely used local anaesthesic but I could still feel the pressure of the knife between the ribs. Wasn't so keen on the morphine they pumped me full of afterwards

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2014, 08:04:19 pm »
I've since googled Ketamine myself, & yes it is a vet drug as well. It's also called "special K" amongst the drug using fraternity. I really can't stress how much it wigged me out, took all of 30 seconds to have it's effect. Imagine 50 zillion brilliant white flouro lights & all sorts of weird thoughts & shit. People were glowing different colors & their speech was distorted to me. I really did not know what was going on, I do not want to do that again.
Home after the chop, far from a painless procedure but nothing unbearable. The next few days might be interesting. I'm off to the couch.
K

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2014, 08:54:27 pm »
Yep ,the chop was fun, especially that big needle in the left Ball!
As for your crash Michael - i am happy to hear you are getting better.
BTW Nice bikes on the evil!
Brett
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2014, 09:40:15 pm »
I had the chop years ago and was unfortunate enough to find the nurse holding the old fella out of the way was a mates older sister I hadn't met!!! no hiding from that one!!! :o

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2014, 10:20:18 pm »
Thats Gold Husky
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline Andrew L

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2014, 10:24:10 pm »
When I go to the dentist I have to have two lots of the numbing injection before the dentist Starts work or I can feel everything, it would of been handy to know that when getting the chop that the same applied, the first side went sought of OK the second side I felt everything as if I hadn't had anything,when I told the doctor (in no uncertain terms) he replied once I've had started I  have to keep going nearly ripped the arm of the operating chair and I reckon it still hurt for at least 12 months after.
"You have not made any mistakes if you find extra pieces after assembling an object. In fact you have just found a way to make the object more efficient."

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2014, 09:04:58 am »
hey its all a lot better than a rubber ring I rekon!!! :o

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2014, 09:42:10 am »
Your a glutton for punishment K
You don't happen to have any ingrown nails that need ripping out at the moment too do you?
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2014, 05:51:09 pm »
Imagine 50 zillion brilliant white flouro lights & all sorts of weird thoughts & shit. People were glowing different colors & their speech was distorted to me. I really did not know what was going on, I do not want to do that again.

Sounds A bit like concussion :-\,Crashed my KX80 when I was about 17 & landed on my scone,what a forking head spinning episode :'(, Done it twice since,nowhere near as bad though ;)
Last time was only six months ago, Made my debut in downhill MTB racing(then retired ;D), It's just like riding a dirt bike mate says,easy beginner  track ::) ::), gave me a trick bike to ride & keep,paid my entry fee & all,On the third run down the hill lost the front end,bars went full lock & tossed me over the top head first into a dry creek bed :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(, At first knocked the wind outta me & couldn't breathe,next thing I was sitting on a beach sipping pina coladas,then snapped back into reality with all these guys standing around saying "dude are you OK?"
Apart from the blood running down my face & an aching shoulder I'm bloody brilliant
Buggered my shoulder for about a month too, Fork the bloody treadlys :) :)       

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2014, 05:57:24 pm »
I could go into detail about being impaled in the groin by an errant footpeg last year which was disturbingly close to my "junk". Lucky it was a cold day! J

Offline David Lahey

• Legend
  • Gladstone, Queensland Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2014, 08:15:11 pm »
I had the chop many years ago and had the pleasure of my wife watching over the doctor's shoulder - to make sure he did a good job (she is a medical scientist). The expressions in her eyes above her mask gave me something to look at and wonder about during the op.
previous pseudonym feetupfun