Author Topic: MOTO MATHS: We can work it out ...  (Read 13961 times)

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
Re: MOTO MATHS: We can work it out ...
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2014, 10:10:05 am »

When do they find the time to play with any of those buttons at the speed they do?
It's not very clear which button is 'shuffle' for the CD player
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2014, 11:45:17 am »
 I can tolerate metres instead of yards, even though I get a brain warp occasionally with millimetres, I always had a problem with 2240 lb's in a ton, 1760 yards in a mile, rods, poles and perches in something or other.
 What gets up my nose is the media changing the names of Australian railway stations into 'train stations' a stuff like that. Its not a f'en camel train!
 I was always fascinated be maths and algebra at school but always got it wrong!
 At least I don't spell socks 'SOX' or put the word FOR in front of FREE.

Am I todays 'Grump Master?
 cheers Ol' pancho.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2014, 12:15:04 pm »
When do they find the time to play with any of those buttons at the speed they do?

;D ;D Think there is only "PLAY" the PL button  :D :D Maybe you have to hold down the 'shift' button as well ? Used to be able to hear the pit tell the driver to switch to whatever setting during races, not so much now they don't refuel.

For sheer speed and bang for buck not much can compare with the humble superkart. With over 100hp from the 250 twins and a big wing it drops lap times to around MotoGP levels

« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 12:30:47 pm by Lozza »
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2014, 12:45:38 pm »
Those superkarts must feel insanely fast to drive with them being so close to the ground & small

Read an article on the cost of parts for F1 cars a few years ago & the cost of that steering wheel would make your eyes water

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2014, 04:39:53 pm »

;D ;D Think there is only "PLAY" the PL button  :D :D Maybe you have to hold down the 'shift' button as well ? Used to be able to hear the pit tell the driver to switch to whatever setting during races, not so much now they don't refuel.

For sheer speed and bang for buck not much can compare with the humble superkart. With over 100hp from the 250 twins and a big wing it drops lap times to around MotoGP levels

Those supercarts are a hoot to watch.
They take the right angle corner at the end of the main straight at Morgan park race track [ Warwick ] without slowing down.
No backing off , no brakes .
Stunning stuff
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2014, 06:25:00 pm »
some good clips on youtube of super karts

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2014, 07:48:23 am »
Jonathan Palmer talked a bit last night about the steering wheel settings, now given as codes to the driver over the radio, "H12B3C4" is what it sounds like rather a straight command. Interesting even to a ex F1 driver he said the the codes ( the even some settings had sub menus) were incredebly complex and even he didn't know how they can find the time to adjust the knobs.
Jesus only loves two strokes