Author Topic: Anyone loan me a TS/PE flywheel puller?  (Read 11856 times)

Offline Doc

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • FB
Re: Anyone loan me a TS/PE flywheel puller?
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2014, 04:25:56 pm »
another option is to lighten the std flywheel :P or simply leave it as it is and ride the wheels off it ;)

Offline sleepy

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2014, 05:53:18 pm »
I have fitted and machined quite a few different flywheels in my time and if it was me I might machine the outside of the TS flywheel till it was just a bit bigger than the crank and then bore the TM flywheel so it was a press fit over the TS hub and after lining it for for the correct timing press it on and then tack weld it in place or maybe even scotch key it.
Personaly I don't think it would be hard to machine the tapper into the TM wheel but I haven't seen a TS250 crank in a while to say one way or another

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2014, 08:51:41 am »
I might upload a couple of pics for visual comparison and further views. 

The points ignition works ok - idles nicely, good midrange.  but not much down low and doesn't rev out (lack of advance/retard?), so limits its raceability.  Plus, had this funny thing where once warm, ie, three laps into a race, it would start missing and farting and carrying on.

Da dee dum.

Offline sleepy

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2014, 09:28:00 am »
Pictures would be good.
If you think that going to an electronic ignition is going to transform your old TS motor into a fire breathing monster you will be very much disapointed. The lack of advance-retard in the points system is not what is stoping it from performing. There are plenty of early 70's MX bikes with points ignitions that went very hard, Maico's up to about 77, CR250's just to name a few.
The only benefit you will see is a lighter flywheel.
If your point system is not so reliable it is probably the condensor or the bottom coil needs a rewind. The 30 year old TM ignition may not so reliable either and if it plays up the CDI box is not repairable.

Offline Doc

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2014, 11:48:36 am »

this is the ignition that miraculously stumbled my way some time back

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2014, 11:57:48 am »
looks a lot nicer than my one.  so ah, whatcha gonna do with that tasty looking bit of kit doc?

Offline sleepy

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2014, 12:01:48 pm »

this is the ignition that miraculously stumbled my way some time back

Is that an RH Suzuki unit?

Offline Doc

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2014, 01:13:27 pm »
sorry but it's already under the covers of my TS Twisty ;D

Sleepy..I asked the same question once but never did really find out for sure..either RH68/69 or the early TS kit job. I do know the early A100 r/t kit ignition looks very similar  ???