Author Topic: Andy Caldecotts Championship 1974 TM400L heads to National Moto Musuem SA,  (Read 4115 times)

Offline Rosco

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
http://www.mcnews.com.au/caldecotts-championship-winning-74-suzuki-tm400-at-birdwood/

A small Presentation will happen at the National Motor Museum in SA on Midday on Sat the 17th of May with Andy Caldecott's VMX Multi Championship Winning 1974 Suzuki TM 400L ,
this will replace Andy’s Factory Repsol 710 KTM recently sold to a avid collector Craig Baills, sit alongside Dave Schwarz and Andy’s 2005 Dakar Motorex 450 and 660 Rallye Bike’s.

Motorex Team Mate a Lobethal’s local Dave Schwarz, will also be on hand to help start both the Motorex Dakar Bikes just giving them a run and making sure they don’t seize .

The Two Motorex Bike’s which has already been on display in the front foyer and will welcome the extra Yellow company, as well as many more Families also will get to enjoy another Chapter..

For Tracey and Family it’s giving a opportunity for all Motorsport Enthusiast to view and enjoy such significant part of the Australian Safari and Dakar Legend in Andy Caldecott, his VMX Championship Suzuki.

All and any are welcome to join us on the Sat and here the Big Dakar Bikes, its also tie’s in with RD 4 Australian MX National’s at Murray Bridge on Sunday 18th of May.

You can email any questions or queries to Rosco Holden at [email protected]

The bikes are in safe hands at the National Motor Museum details follow link, http://www.southaustralia.com/info.aspx?id=9000544

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
Awesome stuff, look at the first year on that board. Showing 1992 as a Vintage title on a 1974 bike ( just 17 y/o) , kinda makes ya wonder how the argument against pre2000 being relevant is so staunch....
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

HeavenVMX

Awesome stuff, look at the first year on that board. Showing 1992 as a Vintage title on a 1974 bike ( just 17 y/o) , kinda makes ya wonder how the argument against pre2000 being relevant is so staunch....
Not really the thread for political point score do you think and check your maths ::)

A great rider and great results on a bike many people would never consider competative. The bike along with his acheivements deserve the ongoing recognition. 8)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 05:39:08 pm by HeavenVMX »

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Fastest man on a TM400 and what where those great words written by Andy in VMX Magazine #1.
"I basically run my bikes stock and I believe that's what this sport is all about " 8)  8)

Best is in the West !!

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
just love those upswept pipes on the tm's, early Rm's niiiice

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
Not really the thread for political point score do you think and check your maths ::)

A great rider and great results on a bike many people would never consider competative. The bike along with his acheivements deserve the ongoing recognition. 8)

Not political point scoring at all, I actually don't have a lot of interest in pre2000 personally anyway. I was just acknowledging something that was there on in plain English on the board pictured and thought about the relevance of the bikes year to the date of the race held. I don't care much for the debate nor politics in general and yes, you sir are right..not the place to bring such a subject to light. Great work to all involved in preserving the memory of one of this countries finest riders ever.

Cheers, Brendan
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline mposs

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
The Great Man at Bendigo Aussie Titles - 1992

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
The Great Man at Bendigo Aussie Titles - 1992    I can see yours truly in this photo of the super racer.

Where did that 22 years go?!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 04:40:58 pm by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
Well deserved
great guy, great rider
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline Rosco

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Hi guys I don't know how to post pics on this after all these years, but I will post on OZVMX Face Book page for you that can do that and you can transfer to here if that helps?

Had a awesome time and Mitch and Catlin loved it and we also started the Dave Schwarz's 450 and Andy's 660 Dakar Motorex Rallye bikes and I stuck Mitch on his dads bike and knew where the Throttle was it was Brilliant, Mitch will be 8 this Thursday the 22nd.

Stay Safe . Regards Rosco