Author Topic: TS 250X idle  (Read 2063 times)

Offline Bondi Rabbit

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
TS 250X idle
« on: March 24, 2014, 09:24:52 am »
I have a ts250x which I am working on motor is pretty good , anyway bike starts great and idles perfect but as it gets warmer it gets faster and faster im not sure how far it would go if I left it. Accelerator cable is fine . I have given the carb a clean and it doesn't seem to be getting the wrong air , but that's possible . Could it be leaking air somewhere ? If have mucked around with idle screw as well. When it gets hot I can take the screw right out to control the revs but then it will cut out.

oldfart

Re: TS 250X idle
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 09:53:12 am »
spray CRC around base gasket / manifold area to see if it revs slow down and move on from there if revs die down.
Have you checked float level and is the gas tap letting enough fuel thru ..... could be starving for fuel ???

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 12:06:48 pm »
Had a carb do that. Check the condition of the tiny oring on the main and reset the mixture if yours actually runs an oring seal on the jet.

Option 2 , do a plug chop and check for lots of smoke when under load and oily residue on stator. If any of that is evident its a leaky mainseal.

Offline Doc

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 01:08:02 pm »
floats in upside down?

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 05:41:01 pm »
as it warms up, it is leaning out ie less and less fuel going in with the air. same happens if you turn the fuel off and leave it idling.

as stated, you need to determine your fuel flow is ok. the tank breather isn't blocked? fuel wont come out unless air can get in. pull the fuel line off and turn the tap on, a good dribble should come out.

pull the tap off and check for rust in the filter screen if the flow is poor.

pull the carb off and recheck the inside for crud and that pesky o ring.

if fuel supply is good, carb clean then there is air getting in and the wd 40 can should be sprayed about as its idling to check for changes in the idle or bubbles in the sprayed surfaces.

my $$ is on low fuel flow

have fun

Offline Bondi Rabbit

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 08:51:54 am »
Thanks all , for the advice

Offline chrisdespo

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 09:53:25 am »
Check the crank seals as it warms it may be sucking air, at a fixed throtle position to me an increase in revs would point to leaning off as everyone has stated but if its just doing it while idleing i would say its sucking air somewhere.
When in DOUBT GAS IT!!!

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 10:34:59 am »
start with a quick wind in and out of your idle air screw as wrong adjusment there can cause high idle, count how many rotations it is set at  first, check for cable sticking, throttle valve sticking, idle speed to high cable and or screw, what happens when you take the air filter off does it worsen? can you hear the throttle valve slamming back down (clunk) does blipping the trottle get it back to idle?