Author Topic: BUYER BEWARE!!!!!  (Read 34902 times)

Offline mungus

• Novice
  • TT600, YZ465, IT200, F8GS, TS90, Velocette, Gemini
    • View Profile
Re: BUYER BEWARE!!!!!
« Reply #105 on: April 19, 2014, 09:28:38 am »
An update for you all.  8)

Today I received $111 USD from Don for the missing TLS linkage. He sent a note saying that's then end of it!  :o
Funny but I could swear he still owes me $80 plus post for a set of bodged wheel spacers, which he already stated he would replace...

Its progress I suppose, but the jerk still owes me money and has once again gone back on his word.

One other thing in his note made me laugh a bit. He claimed he had refunded the $30 so I could correct a part to "my satisfaction". Implying I was a fussy bugger or something... The rear brake torque arm he sent was unusable as sent. Both end plates were WAY too big to fit and the swivel joint was the wrong ID. Took over an hour to fix it, using a fly cutter to trim down both ends and then I had to reuse my OEM swivel joint. Luckily its OD was the same otherwise I would have to buy a new one. To my "satisfaction" eh? Apart from using it as "garage art" I cant imagine anyone being satisfied with it. It was simply not fit for the advertised purpose. IMHO he was lucky I had the skills to fix it and offered to do so, otherwise he'd would be up for a refund on that too. Thanks from him for fixing his mess? What do you think?  ;D

My recommendation; DO NOT deal with this man. He is not only very slow (3 months) to make your order, but once paid becomes uncommunicative, sends unusable or substandard products and / or fails to even send the paid for items at all.
IME he also goes back on his word and attempts to short change you on refunds. He also charged me double the postage he paid, on the original order...

Just a total jerk in my view. But hopefully the lessons I've learnt can be avoided by other readers here.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 09:30:53 am by mungus »
Grumpy old git.