Author Topic: "Parts" stories  (Read 3913 times)

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
"Parts" stories
« on: March 28, 2014, 08:30:46 pm »
something came to mind regarding parts supply heartache, you all been there...

I need part "xyz" for the nationals in two weeks (convinced your miles ahead of the game) and what do you get???

you tell me!

the best one I ever heard was "the boat with your parts on it sank..." no sh*t..."

lets hear the best heartaches...

Offline yamaico

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: "Parts" stories
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 11:21:18 pm »
I bought an ignition on ebay from a guy in Hawaii, who didn't realise that he hadn't unchecked "ebay global shipping" (very clever ebay, you have to uncheck it, not check it). It cost $20 to ship it to the global shipping centre on the US mainland and an additional $59 to ship it to Oz. I tracked the parcel and it went all over the US and then, on its way here, had a detour to guess where? Bloody Hawaii.

Offline SON

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 03:54:58 am »
My best one,
I ordered parts from a friend in Hawaii on Friday,
Monday morning I had them in Newcastle Oz
You can't beat that for service

Offline asasin

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 06:27:45 am »
I get parts from a little supplier in Hungary in the middle of Europe,I am in Tauranga NZ .It usually only takes 3-4 days !!! to my place in NZ .Recently a parcel from the south island NZ and Hungary and another  from China were sent tome on  the same day  . the one from china was in the country first 1.5 days then ( after clearing customs) took 4 days to get to me from Auckland 100ks .The one from Hungary  arrived at my place first, 4 days, the one from china second .The one from the South island ( same country) took 6 days!!!!
 Really has something to say about the efficiency of our country in relation to the world!!
If in doubt ,WIND IT OUT

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2014, 09:38:55 am »
Here's the best one I've heard while waiting on some marinising equipment: "the foundry is running behind because some one stole all their metal". LOL.
K

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2014, 10:45:57 am »
ordered  a std set of rings (ebay) way before I will need them, rings arrive open the packet wrong size, so email the guy, he emails me back with they are the correct rings :o so email him back look its not about the money can you supply the correct rings, and I will pay for them, he just keeps going on about they are early model blah blah blah ::) the best part is after looking at all the manuals and all my spares they never changed the ring thickness from 1.5mm to 2mm , so said to him look mate right part number , right packet and wrong rings, so I will purchase them else where, so that at least I will get them on time, then he says no worries can supply the correct rings at no cost, gee thanks I say,  Yep you guessed it no rings and now I am behind in time and the price of a set of rings >:( :-[

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2014, 10:50:37 am »
New Zealand suffers from the same problem Queensland does: it's full of New Zealanders.
:D

I keep hearing stories about a bike shop in SA that repeatedly uses the excuse "the container with the parts in it fell off the ship". As one bloke said, there must be enough containers in the ocean to build a bridge between Japan and Australia...
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2014, 11:04:43 am »
New Zealand suffers from the same problem Queensland does: it's full of New Zealanders.
:D

I keep hearing stories about a bike shop in SA that repeatedly uses the excuse "the container with the parts in it fell off the ship". As one bloke said, there must be enough containers in the ocean to build a bridge between Japan and Australia...
;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2014, 11:12:29 am »
Many Many Moons ago.....Mr "X" went into get a rod kit for a kx.. from his local bike shop

Z behind the counter supplies him with a kit.

X gets home and the bearing surfaces are rusty!!

X complains to  Z who politely refuses to refund the $$ so X picks up a new helmet and walks out....
at the door he is rugby tackled by  Z and its on for young and old!!!

unreal......

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2014, 01:35:45 pm »
My local Honda dealer searched through a list they have access to telling them of old stock that other dealers have around the country(only good if the dealer lists his old stock on there ;)) for a part I was looking for, A dealer in W.A. had the part & I was given the number to sort it myself 8).

Me "Hello,I am told you have this part"
Young dick on the other end "yeah mate"
Me "sweet.I will give you my credit card,& you can send it in the post thanks"
Y.D. "No,you will have to write down all the details inc the part # & fax it to us"
Me "but I am talking to you now,can't you just write it down"
Y.D. "No"
Me "OK thanks,goodbye"

That fu**ing lazy young dick can stick the part right up his ass I thought >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(,It,s probably still sitting there :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2014, 06:32:04 pm »
A dealer here wanted a 50% deposit to order a part that would take 3 weeks to get here from Japan, I said I can get it directly from Japan myself in 4 days for less than the deposit. The fellow says well why don't you do that I said I will  ;)
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2014, 06:45:51 pm »
From one dealer to another.

Rang "XYZ" Kawasaki as I was informed they had the Z900 shim buckets we were after. Young fella asked what they were, so I said look I just gave you the part number, and told you which part book and what page, and have also sent you a scanned fax of the items. Duly arrived two weeks later ( well it was 51 kilometres away!!) Opened up the carton to find three shims and a plastic bucket.................. ::) >:(
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 10:52:50 pm by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline rough rider

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2014, 09:41:02 pm »
wanted a complete engine gasket set for a Honda 750 4 found one on ebay listed as 'complete gasket set ' ordered it , when it arrived opened it up didn't seem to have enough gaskets , contacted seller, reply was this is a' top end set ', my reply ' it is advertised as a complete gasket set ' . his reply ,' it is complete it hasn't been opened'  !
eventually ended getting money back , but cost me $30 to post it back to the states

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2014, 09:20:56 pm »
Had a KDX200
Was never happy with the suspension and read that a heavier rear spring was the go
So I wander into my local shop to see if they can get me in a whitepower spring for it.
Owner says don't bother with them, just get the optional heavy spring from Kawasaki
Won't that be expensive I asked, no he replied, we get Honda ones in and they only cost $60 odd dollars
Fair enough I said and then went back the next week to pick it up.
The parts guy came out of the store room with it with a smirk on his face, "This yours" he said laughing.
I spied the price written on it next to his hand and it read $89
yeah, good one I thought to myself, still it was cheaper than the $120 that the white power springs were.
Then he moved his hand and I saw that the price was $189
No way I said, I'm not paying for that.
The owner then came over and nearly fell over too when he saw the price.
I said just send it back but he couldn't, Kawasaki won't let them return parts.
So he does me a deal!! and I walkmout $120 poorer
I'm back home in the workshop with the new spring beside the old one and I can't tell the differance, it is the same length, the same number of coils so I get the micrometer out and the wire is the same diamter
I stewed over it that night and took it back the next day with the old spring to show them.
They looked at the part number again and found out it was just another stock spring.
Turns out Kawasaki didn't have any heavy springs so they just sent a stocker
That was my out. As they didn't send the ordered part the shop was able to send it back.
Went out the next week and bought a white power spring
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2014, 09:49:20 pm »
Seven or eight years ago I walked into local Yamaha shop and tell the parts guy I need a part for a 1981 YZ 465 H. Before I could tell him the part I needed he says " we don't have any parts that old "
I go back to my mates shop and tell him Yamaha don't have any parts that old. He asks what I asked for. I told the guy I need a part for a 1981 YZ 465 H. He tells me to go straight back to the shop and tell the lazy fuka you want two of these.12345-12345-00. When he asks you what they are for, tell him he doesn't need to know. Walked out with the parts. I only quote numbers now.
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B