Author Topic: 2014 PBBB VOLUNTEERS AND SWAP MEET STALLS.  (Read 3546 times)

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
2014 PBBB VOLUNTEERS AND SWAP MEET STALLS.
« on: March 24, 2014, 10:26:31 pm »
Its been made apparent to me that two things are needing a little more support for this years upcoming bonanza.

1) Swap meet stalls, to date only 2 swap meet stall entrants have put through paperwork to say they'll be requiring space. This year the swap meet stalls are being set up under cover in the MotoX sheds so this is a great opportunity to not have to worry about packing up your stuff should bad weather arise, also those that have swap meet stalls booked will be allowed to camp at the MotoX sheds with their wares. i reckon for the $50 asked to have a stall its not a bad deal!! Please make contact with the appropriate people if you're requiring a space, and if you are reading this and know of people who dont frequent the forum please let them know to show their interest sooner rather than later.

2) While volunteer numbers are reasonable, there is still plenty of help required to run an event of this scale as any who have previously attended could appreciate. If you're able to spare some of your time and wish to help in the smooth sailing of such a great event please speak up now. If you're able to help out its expected that you'll be prepared to give up AT LEAST half a day over the weekend to support others who are also volunteering, for this you will be shown appreciation by way of free of charge entry, camping and bike entry fees. Also a lunch voucher for the day of your input and a ticket to the volunteers dinner on Sunday evening with a bevvy or two as well. You will still be required to pay for your 1 event license if you're not a current MA License holder. Please DO NOT bother making contact if you intend on getting your "appreciation package" and then disappearing for the weekend, this event is largely run by folks giving up their time to give you guys a great event year in year out. Maybe you could think to give a little back if its possible, there is also always plenty to do on Thursday, Friday and Monday so if anyone has no other commitments any help possible on those days is also greatly appreciated by all involved.

If you require any further info on either of these please dont hesitate to contact:

Peter Drakeford: 0422 299 003
or 
Rachelle Wilkinson: 0408 652 877
or
Brendan Spitaleri: 0439 109 254
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 10:31:12 pm by Rookie#1 »
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline mposs

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 PBBB VOLUNTEERS AND SWAP MEET STALLS.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 06:30:38 am »
Sorry Guys, but while I love the PBBB event and will be attending, I feel charging $50 for a swap meet stall was never going to fly. Maybe an adjustment on the pricing will generate more interest from potential stall holders.

Offline brucey

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 10:05:10 am »
Whilst its easy to say 50 bucks a site I for one got some bargains out of a couple of boots / back of a ute tray maybe a sliding scale would have been more appropriate ?? for those who attend but got some stuff to get rid of VS those attending who do this regularly maybe even shock horror a boot sale for those attending for the weekend on Sunday morning at 10 bucks ahead anyway enough of the negativity or useless after the event comments.

I will call today Peter already got my ticket but happy to help

Bruce   

Offline Big Al

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 10:06:38 am »
Does that include camping fee? Last year I paid entry, swap and camping. This year it would add up to $120 to stand at your swap site. You dont get a chance to have a look around to appreciate the entry fee and lucky to find someone to mind your stall so you can go to the toilet. No one ventures up to the mx sheds anyway. In the past there was more of a swap where the riders were camping as they just lobbed what ever they were selling around there camp site. Try policing campers from selling!

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 10:26:12 am »
With respect guys I don't think $50 is all that much, it would cost you that if not more to hold a stall at nearly any swap meet around the country and at those swaps you're target audience maybe only 10% of the foot traffic getting around. This is an event where EVERYONE is there purely for old bike stuff, your passing foot traffic are 100% the audience you're wishing to sell to!! I for one have personally seen how successful the bonanza can be for selling and know there's plenty of people who have "get rid of that at th bonanza"'piles in their sheds. No you're never gonna stop people trying to flog a few odds and ends around the campsite, but people should respect the event and not turn their campsite into a common market stall if they have refused to pay the small fee to do so. There are 3 phone numbers listed in the opening post of this thread, feel free to call any one of them if you have questions, concerns, gripes etc.....

Cheers, Brendan
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 12:42:16 pm »
Although I'm not going [on the bucket list], I too think $50 for a stall is a rip [and I'm not a cheapskate], $50 gets you a ride at a race meeting, all the swapmeets I have done are $10 to $20 to have a site.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 08:35:22 pm »
Although I'm not going [on the bucket list], I too think $50 for a stall is a rip [and I'm not a cheapskate], $50 gets you a ride at a race meeting, all the swapmeets I have done are $10 to $20 to have a site.

Well i guess it doesn't really apply to you anyhow then does it, it would be good if anyone interested could make their intentions known now, thats all we're trying to achieve here. Any negative comments or feedback is welcomed to be directed to the phone numbers and people made available to take such inquiry. If you say $50 is too dear and make that a complaint, i bet they'll be the same folks complaining when they're told there is no swap meet and not bring items for sale... :-X Ya can't win either way, trying to please all of the people all of the time is something only a fool attempts to do. You've had enough to do with events and organisation of to understand how negativity does nothing to help mate...

Cheers, Brendan

Offline Big Al

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2014, 09:18:34 pm »
Unless I'm reading the entry form wrong my understanding is this; swap site $50 + entry for two days $50 + two nights camping $20 = $120 to man a swap site for the entire weekend. Correct me if I'm wrong. Is it $50 or $120? Remember that manning a site for the weekend that you'll not see anything else that's going on.

Offline mposs

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2014, 10:08:58 pm »
Brendan,
                I'm not sure you got my drift. In your opening post you pointed out that to date only two people have indicated their intentions to have a swap stall. I was just pointing out that the $50.00 cost of a site may be having direct influence on the uptake of sites. Not sure what swaps you are comparing the costs with but I have never had to pay more than $20 for a site.
I for one want the swap at PBBB to be a success, and hope I am proven wrong but I still say $50 a site may be
 the reason for the poor response.

Cheers Mark

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2014, 02:26:58 pm »

I will be down at PBBB again this Easter and as usual I will have a few bits & bobs to sell, (spring compressers, spare VMX mags, stickers and some of my mates degree wheels) out of these I hope to make a few bucks to put toward fuel costs which can be a fare bit of money when you are travelling interstate. The problem is there is nowhere near enough profit in this stuff to be able to pay $50 for a swap site.
   I usually put the items out the front of my tent when I am back at the camp site and that suits me better than being tied to a swap site all day,  To much to see and many mates to catch up with.
  I know at the moment there is no suggestion that we shouldn't sell from our camp sites and I hope it never comes to that,  because like me a lot of blokes rely on selling a couple of bits to help cover costs and make it possible to do the intersate gigs.
   This post is in no way meant to be a criticism of the committee for this event,  in fact it is one of my top 2 or 3 of the year.  I wouldn't mind putting in a few dollars toward the running costs of the event but $50 is out of my reach.
         Zane 
Everyday I find one more name to add to the list of people who piss me off.

Offline the stig

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2014, 04:00:54 pm »

I have to agree with you FT most people have a few Bits and pieces
       for a bikes that they no longer Own.  and take them in the hope that
       they maybe use full to some one else for a project bike they are working
       on...

The Stig