Author Topic: Glad to see we got rid of that dickhead Tony Abbott  (Read 8225 times)

Offline Matador107

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Glad to see we got rid of that dickhead Tony Abbott
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2014, 10:24:15 pm »
There's no boats coming any more!!!
Bultaco Metralla, Matador MK 5, Montadero mk2, El Bandido model 18,plus lots of bits and two Honda XR's 250,350.

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2014, 10:40:55 pm »
How long we been in those middle east wars Nathan were they originally supported by Rudd or was it Howard? I really dont know. But Howard was gold in gold times i must admit...
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline Mod1

• Global Moderator
  • Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2014, 11:11:29 pm »

2. Respect other members and their views. Feel free to disagree, but do so with some class. Resorting to insults or unnecessary rudeness is not on.

If someone breaches these guidelines to the extent that other members are finding their freedom to enjoy this forum is being compromised, I'll send them a private message asking for them to improve their online behaviour. How you behave anywhere else is nothing to do with me, but how you behave here is. If someone is warned but chooses to continue, or to abuse me over it, they'll be banned for a couple of weeks. If that doesn't resolve the problem, they'll be banned permanently. If need be, I can of course tell if a banned person tries to re-register under a new name. If need be, I'll ban their actual Internet address.
Thank you.
Graeme M
Forum Admin.
http://forum.ozvmx.com/index.php?topic=7662.0
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 11:16:27 pm by Mod1 »

Offline SON

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2014, 12:14:07 am »
Decorum,
Plenty of  other Political forums to keyboard on
No place in VMX unless MA is involved

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2014, 09:19:29 am »
How long we been in those middle east wars Nathan were they originally supported by Rudd or was it Howard? I really dont know. But Howard was gold in gold times i must admit...

Howard sent us to both. Remember GW Bush's "little sherrif" comments.

The was a solid argument for going to Afghanistan (even if a brief look at Afghan history would have made it clear that it was a bad idea), but going into Iraq was clearly illegal and based on a known lie.

Four workers who were supposed to be working under state Workcover regulations is a tragedy, but pales into insignificance compared to what's happened to Australians in the middle east.

If the Pink Batts Royal Commission manages to pin Rudd for anything useful, then the next Labor gov't will be able to send both Howard and Abbott to gaol. Keating used to talk about "burning the political capital", but Abbott seems to be "do as much as we can before we're sent to Siberia" - long term strategy is not even a minor consideration for this government - the Pink Batts Royal Commission will come back to bite Abbott hard, even if it achieves its political goals against Rudd & Garrett.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2014, 09:47:27 am »
The pink batts isn't over though I work in roofs a lot and I have pulled so many batts off of downlights it is not funny so I can't begin to imagine how many are still about like that waiting to start a house fire etc.

If for example I cause one death in my job I would lose my license I could even probably go to jail so when you have four deaths as a result of bad policy they should try and make some findings not as much to punish but to ensure they don't repeat the same mistakes.

I don't understand your argument regarding soldiers it is not as if you are forced to go now you get paid and I am sure they understand the reality of what can happen over there whether they need to be or not they are over there and by career choice.
1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2014, 09:53:53 am »
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2014, 12:04:02 pm »
Frosty, Maybe its the $ to send these guys around the globe fighting other peoples battles probably and likely based on lies..
I do agree with GMC Post....
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2014, 01:42:22 pm »
Come on guys this thread was political from the first post so complaining about it being political is a bit silly.

Soldiers are trained , given the best [ almost ] gear/guns/mbikes/trucks/choppers and so on  and are employed under the understanding that they might get killed and they practice killing other people , a lot.
They also travel with a doctor when they go anywhere.

Pink batt installers were given  ------------------------------->   pink batts .

So the soldier argument is suss.
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2014, 01:43:29 pm »
Frosty, the rate of deaths and fires went DOWN during the scheme.
The workers are supposed to be covered by their existing state WorkSafe type bodies.

There's been plenty of enquiries (six?) already, and they all find the same thing: the pink batts scheme was fine, the men that died and the houses the burned were due to failures in the state bodies and shonky operators that are supposed to be held in check by the state bodies.

The irony of "less red tape" in this context should be obvious too. The way to avoid those deaths was MORE regulation, which goes directly against the Liberal mantra...

The Royal Commission is $50,000,000 worth of political grandstanding against people who are no-longer even members of parliament.

The blokes who died in house roofs were not forced and were being paid, too.

The whole pink batts "scandal" is a huge beat up. Four deaths is a tragedy, for sure, but it is ridiculous to single it out when so many other government decisions cost more lives.
The road I commute to work on, claimed six lives in four separate crashes last year. It has claimed at least two lives every year, in the eight years we've been here. Governments of both brands have promised to fix it, promised to fund it, withdrawn the funding, etc - and people keep dying.
The latest is that we will get another "study", to go with the dozens before it - more money wasted to prove what we already know...

Where's the Royal Commission into that?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 01:46:01 pm by Nathan S »
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2014, 02:57:16 pm »
Come on guys this thread was political from the first post so complaining about it being political is a bit silly.

Nothing political at all, FFS did any of you guys read the link?

You guys are too quick to winge
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/