Author Topic: Race numbers  (Read 3438 times)

Offline YZAT252

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Race numbers
« on: April 02, 2014, 09:55:53 pm »
Ok I am a new VMX dumb arse wanting to enter at Post Nats at Echo Valley and don't want to be knocked out at scrutineering cause I don't know / understand all the rules (which there are many I am finding as I go) so, haven't come up against this yet at club level rule 16.9.2.1 display your race number on your back 125h, really? And if so, how do most of you do this? Am enjoying second year of VMX racing but it is all starting to get a bit serious guys, might just go back to trail riding if they make it too hard for old guys to go and have some fun on old bikes. Rode at Conondale last year and had a ball, no number on my back or rear sprocket cover but not ok at Nats? Confused.....

Offline Ken 737

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Race numbers
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 10:49:23 pm »
Hi Craig. As you know I am a year 2 newbie too. I wear external armour so just put an old number on that. It doesn't have to have the letter prefix or have the same colour as your class. A cheap option is to get iron on numbers from the local footy shop and put on back of jersey. I am not sure if they are going to police the chain guard rule but that would be worth doing too. Cheers. Ken
Suzuki fan - TM and RM
Love my IT too ????

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 10:31:55 pm »
Rear sprocket cover rule was changed for 2014.

Back number is a "Nationals in Qld" thing. There are many simple ways to meet this rule. I've got old style armour with $3 worth of stick on numbers.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 01:16:22 pm »
take your top to a sports store and they will stick you name and number on ya back with iron ons for 20 , its so easy its a no brainer.  plus you will feel pro :)
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 02:05:46 pm »
Hey Craig, at least do yourself and your fellow competitors the service of reading through the rules of chapter 16 of the GCRs (MoMS) as you will be signing an entry form and sign-on sheet that will both claim you have read and understood them. If you find the requirements of the necessary paperwork too much, better stick to fun days at the local club, because failing to grasp the rules can lead to a very uncomfortable weekend for you and others. You want to be ahead of the game and get on with the fun of racing, not mired in disagreement and vexation in the pits.

http://moms.org.au/classic-motocross-and-dirt-track/

Not trying to be a swine but it is the nationals, so you can expect the rulebook to be closely adhered to. "It was ok at the last club day" doesn't stand up to some eager-beaver steward...:)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 06:45:58 pm by GD66 »
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 09:58:43 am »

Back number is a "Nationals in Qld" thing. There are many simple ways to meet this rule. I've got old style armour with $3 worth of stick on numbers.

No it is not a "Nationals in Qld" it is a rule that was always there, but in All Disciplines.

The biggest problem is the rules aren't enforced at Club Level and then when a Title is run everyone gets upset because it is run by the book.

There is only one rule book!!!!!
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 10:42:40 am »
The biggest problem is the rules aren't enforced at Club Level and then when a Title is run everyone gets upset because it is run by the book.

NOW we're getting there !
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 10:46:11 am »

There is more than one rule book  ;-)
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 12:33:23 pm »

No it is not a "Nationals in Qld" it is a rule that was always there, but in All Disciplines.

Wasn't enforced (or even mentioned) at the '07 or '10 Nationals.
I'm not upset that it is being enforced, BTW.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2014, 04:50:11 pm »
So then, it's just a number on your back. That's it, right?

No name, TFN, ABN or address?
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B