Author Topic: Times they are a changing  (Read 1289 times)

Offline Iain Cameron

• Legend
    • View Profile
Times they are a changing
« on: February 14, 2014, 07:54:30 pm »
MMM what to say , Guys Ive noticed a big change in this forum over the years and to be truthful like quite a few others Im going to back off for a while . Im over the whole modern bike thing , pre 90 eg . I grew up in the early 70s bike era . Rules for the sake of rules , back biting ,its got to be a total cluster fork as far as im concerned . sorry for the swearing but that's how I feel . I'll pop in from time to time to check pm's   Iain Cameron
Yamaha tragic ; dt1, rt1, dt2, rt2, dt2mx , rt2mx , mx250, mx360,sc500, 74dt125, yzx125, yzc250, yzc400, yzd250, yzd400, yzh250, yzh80 , dt100 , xr75 ko xr80 03 , it175 82 . Not a member of any club

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Times they are a changing
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 08:43:32 pm »
you still coming to the Nats Iain?
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 09:23:02 pm »
I can see where Iain, Dave, Bill and sundry others are coming from, to be honest it's quite a common issue on many internet forums, particularly bike-related. People in general are reluctant to accept the umpire's decision on any matter. I have found as a level 3 clerk of course and steward in roadrace and mx that the main drama you reflect on as you drive home is the repetitive conflict you have dealt with in the course of your day's (voluntary) duties. Roadrace, and to a degree mx juniors' parents are out of control, there have been issues over here where they have set personal vendettas against medics who have restricted their little darlings from racing on safety grounds. I have had parents screaming in my face, who needs it ?
People fail to realise the annual storm-in-the-teacup seen on this forum before each nats, usually eligibility-generated but repeatedly spelt incorrectly, hardly ever rears its head at the actual meeting when racing commences. But the lessons seem to repeatedly go unlearnt : read the book, pay your money, take your bike and go racing. By chipping away at the excruciating minutiae of each and every rule, you are eroding people's interest in vmx with every new attack. Nothing's cheap, and folk have plenty to do with their time.
For those who have had a gutsful and declared their intent to take a walk, just back off and stop posting. In time you'll get over it and look in again. Dramatic declarations of finality achieve little, and leave you in a lesser position when you eventually choose to rejoin. Those whingers and postulators who feel the need to bicker and dispute, please be aware that you appear to have entirely MISSED THE POINT of vmx : old blokes banging round on old bikes before a chat over a few beers.
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline Iain Cameron

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 10:00:11 pm »
No guys Im not getting out of VMX I'll still ride (or wobble around at the Nats ) its just on here that Im not happy so Im going to back off posting or letting some of the hot heads get my blood pressure go up . I'll still pop in to see whats happening but every Cpl of weeks as there is not much that interests me here anymore . Iain
Yamaha tragic ; dt1, rt1, dt2, rt2, dt2mx , rt2mx , mx250, mx360,sc500, 74dt125, yzx125, yzc250, yzc400, yzd250, yzd400, yzh250, yzh80 , dt100 , xr75 ko xr80 03 , it175 82 . Not a member of any club