Author Topic: Vale Eddie LANCASTER: Vic A-grade MXer from mid-1970s ...  (Read 2425 times)

Doggy Digger

Vale Eddie LANCASTER: Vic A-grade MXer from mid-1970s ...
« on: June 14, 2012, 09:47:10 pm »
Ed passed away last week, after long illness ... (This is all the info I have - RIP 181)
He is the 1972 Australian 125cc Motocross Title Holder.

Offline KB171

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Vale Eddie LANCASTER: Vic A-grade MXer from mid-1970s ...
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 10:13:46 pm »
Sad news, RIP Eddie.181.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 10:14:49 pm »
Condolences to Eddie's family.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

albrid-3

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 10:21:35 pm »
He loved his montesa and rode them well, and gave us fond memoriers when you where racing the 60`s and 70`s
RIP Eddie Lancaster. #181

Offline JC

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 08:39:51 am »
He is the 1972 Australian 125cc Motocross Title Holder.

On a 4sp 125!

I'm still staggered by that, 40yrs later

Offline KateM

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 09:10:43 am »
Hi everyone,
I'm Eddie Lancaster's daughter & I just came across this thread created after his passing. He loved his bikes & racing so much, but unfortunately a lot of the photos he had of his racing days are now lost. Does anyone have any, or know of anyone who might? I miss my dad, he passed way too early, & pictures & stories from this happy time in his life are of great comfort to me & my family. My dad always spoke so fondly of the people he raced with. As I said, any photos, stories or information would be so wonderful.
Thanks in advance!
Kate

Offline Big Bird

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 10:11:57 am »
Kate, I hope you get this and I am sorry that I missed this thread.  I used to work with your dad at Yamaha Australia back in the 90's, and in fact we sat at adjacent desks.  He was a true character, and had a booming laugh I can still hear as clearly as if he were sitting next to me now.  I am deeply, deeply sorry to hear this news.

Your father gave me some advice once which I have carried with me to this day.  He told me that no matter what you did with your life, and no matter what mistakes you might have made in the past - if you were willing to put in ten good years of effort, you could get anywhere you wanted to in this life.  Those words were crucial in my decision to go back to uni in my mid 30's to get my degree, which built a whole new career and a new life for me. 

I have often thought of finding him, just to say thanks.  His was just some fatherly advice for a kid who was a bit lost - but it changed my life.  I'm a bit upset now, that I never got around to following through.  A lesson in not putting off until tomorrow what you can do today.

Rest in peace Eddie.  And thanks mate.

Geoff

Offline KateM

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2014, 02:56:27 pm »
Kate, I hope you get this and I am sorry that I missed this thread.  I used to work with your dad at Yamaha Australia back in the 90's, and in fact we sat at adjacent desks.  He was a true character, and had a booming laugh I can still hear as clearly as if he were sitting next to me now.  I am deeply, deeply sorry to hear this news.

Your father gave me some advice once which I have carried with me to this day.  He told me that no matter what you did with your life, and no matter what mistakes you might have made in the past - if you were willing to put in ten good years of effort, you could get anywhere you wanted to in this life.  Those words were crucial in my decision to go back to uni in my mid 30's to get my degree, which built a whole new career and a new life for me. 

I have often thought of finding him, just to say thanks.  His was just some fatherly advice for a kid who was a bit lost - but it changed my life.  I'm a bit upset now, that I never got around to following through.  A lesson in not putting off until tomorrow what you can do today.

Rest in peace Eddie.  And thanks mate.

Geoff

I got this, thank you so so much for sharing that. If you were at Yamaha with him then it is likely that we probably met, with me being very little at the time. Even though you may not have had the chance to thank him for his advice, what you told me is exactly relevant to something that I am facing at the moment, & you have just given me the greatest gift- my dad's own advice. Thank you so very much, I'm sure he would have been nothing but proud of your choices.

Kate