Author Topic: honda thor /pfr swingarm wheel clearance  (Read 1174 times)

Offline LeighW

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
honda thor /pfr swingarm wheel clearance
« on: January 31, 2014, 07:29:53 pm »
hi all at last got my wheels back from titmans but not sure if the offset on the rear wheel is correct when mounted the wheel has about 10mm gap on the left and 35-40mm on chain side from side of the tire to the swingarm im running a 110x100 the sprockets seem to line up okay spoken to a few other fourm members with crs and their weel clerances are about the same but they are running different arms so im trying find out of someone who is running a thor/pfr arm what their clearance is as titmans was not sure on the offset either cheers leigh

Offline mick25

• Legend
  • Hunter valley NSW
    • View Profile
Re: honda thor /pfr swingarm wheel clearance
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 07:47:22 pm »
best to check if the rear centre of the rim is in a straight line with the centre of the front rim.
as you said if the rear sprocket is dead straight with the front sprocket going buy eye or using a small straight edge.
This can be done with a two metre alloy straight edge and measuring off the rims at the edge of the rim at the centre of the rim.
this will tell you if the off sett is right on the rear to match the front.
I checked my bikes a while back within 2mm seems ok for a old dirt bike , maybe not for a GP bike through :o