Author Topic: Tallarook Vinduro this weekend  (Read 9021 times)

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
Re: Tallarook Vinduro this weekend
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2014, 07:53:26 pm »
I'm 40 years older. Possibly explains lack of pace on my behalf. J

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2014, 09:50:40 am »
On behalf of the VERi committee, thanks to everyone who turned up for a ride yesterday. It was great to see new people, especially as the weather was a bit grim at times.

We had just over 50 riders, with about half of those taking part in the longer trail ride. The private property loop was just as fun as last year, with some extra bits included to keep it interesting.

Some of those wet, slippery logs across the track at various angles gave an unnamed rider on an XT250 no end of bother!

Thanks to the landowner Peter, who also led the trail ride, and those who assisted laying out the loop, and did sweep duties and catering etc. Thanks also to the first aid person, and my VERi committee colleagues.

Tex

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2014, 01:33:21 pm »
I only saw smiles on the day, they were weary but they were smiling.
From what I saw of the loop it looked like perfect traction, I gave up walking it after the batteries went flat. Guys seemed to be coming back clean from the loop suggesting that despite the rain there were no mud puddles out there. Judging by the bikes that came back from the forest loop they successfully found some mud puddles ;D

Many thanks all the helpers, most of all to our host Peter who did most of the set up of the loop, also to Barbara who did a magnificent job with sign up as did Steve with the catering.

Many riders struggled to negotiate the table top, with Barbara at the helm there was no negotiating, everyone had to pay their entry fee.

The step up nearly bought a few undone, you had to land on the downramp correctly or you risked a face plant. Jerry bought along a 'minder' to help him with the difficult sections, I think his minder had to help him swing a leg over his bike as well

When are clubs going to look after the riders properly and get rid of these dangerous sections.
Some of these guys are to old to be doing things like these step ups.
No, I'm serious, my calves were as sore as hell that night from all the times I went in and out of that bloody Van
I would have been less fatigued if I had ridden :o

G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline the stig

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2014, 02:49:41 pm »

Aw  come on Geoff you can still throw a Leg that high ..... ::) ::) ::)

The Stig

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2014, 03:38:14 pm »