Author Topic: Hagon Slider Help  (Read 2702 times)

Offline cemotobull

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Hagon Slider Help
« on: December 08, 2013, 10:05:37 pm »
Calling all slider gurus!! Can you still get the rubber push on Hagon fuel tank caps? I Also heard a rumour you can get new aluminium tank copies??

I Also need a full set of rubber bands and lower fork rubber boots??....I'm trying to get a slider going.

One last thing,....I need a set of front campagnolo brake shoes which I'm assuming are unobtaimium?

I've tried searching the web to no avail!

Thanks in advance

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
Re: Hagon Slider Help
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 10:23:45 pm »
Cemoto, ya can get fork boots and rubbers from Dave Perry from Antig in the UK PM me ya email addy and I'll send ya a cattledog, Antig does a Classic Hagon Sandracer, KP got a full set of forks for his from Antig, same as.

Foss

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 10:55:28 pm »
  Can you still get the rubber push on Hagon fuel tank caps?
Are those push on fuel caps legal? I've been led to believe that they're illegal. I've got a B44GP tank that had the push in plug style cap and I was told that I'd have to replace it with a flipper, Monza style cap......which I've done. Anyone know for sure? I'm pretty sure there's a mob in the UK that make Hagon replica and Jawa replica tanks in aluminium. I'll check with Jonesy tomorrow. He knows such stuff. 8)
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline cemotobull

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 05:45:02 pm »
PM sent Foss. So the front end from the antig is virtually identical to the hagon?

Any luck on those repro hagon aluminium tanks Firko??

Cheers.

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 05:57:41 pm »
check the size of the bsa bantam they are the same size as rickman small front and back
pre70 montesas have push in fuel caps they are ok
antig will sell you all you want for your hagon i have bully hagon full engine plates if you need to make any.
my antig bully just has front and back plates.
i ring him at approx 11.45 pm our time order stuff pay with credit card and he sends them simple
jim

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 06:22:29 pm »
Cemoto,
Emailed the Antig cattledog just now, phone numbers are there, Dave does email but not a website that I know of, the forks etc from Antig are the same as the original Hagon ones as is their Classic Sandracer, you'll find a tank to suit as well, keep us posted as to how ya get on.
Foss

Offline Slider29

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 07:49:07 pm »
Dito to what Jim and Foss said. Dave is great to deal with.

Offline cemotobull

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 09:22:48 pm »
Slider Kings, what are the tips for getting the rubber bands on the front end.......Popeye arms???

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2014, 10:02:31 pm »
yes
there used to be 2 sizes but not now so start eating your spinich popeye dont bother with oliveoil it wont help you
jim

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2014, 10:10:22 pm »
Cemoto, I use a piece of metal shaped like an old shoe horn, edges smooth of course, and lever them on with that.
Foss