Author Topic: Winning and losers.  (Read 1339 times)

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
Winning and losers.
« on: January 06, 2014, 10:02:41 pm »
Hello any English cricket teams supporters out there??? FIVE / NIL   Whitewash :D    Australia Winners!   Pommes Losers.
 But all test cricket followers around the world will be losers with the the retirement of radio commentator and character Kerry (Skull) O'Keefe .
Here is one of his classic non cricket tales.

Toad hops into a bank, up to the tellers window and asks the teller for a loan. Patrica Wakk the teller is dumb founded as the toad croaks on about his great friendship with the Bank branches manager  and Mick Jagger as the toads father secretly sang in Micks pocket during concerts!
  Umm We will need some collateral stammers Patricia, prompting the toad to produce a tiny perfectly formed ceramic pink elephant from its pocket. It is indeed a fine detailed item no more than 25mm in size. Please Mr Toad take a seat as will have to consult with the manager.
   Patricia enters the office proceeds to tell the manager these amazing goings on as he studies the pink elephant. The bank manager looks up, nods his head, clears his throat and says       
      'It's a nik nak Patty Wakk ,give the frog a loan cos his old mans a rolling stone............

Sorry ;)

« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 06:46:19 pm by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Tony T

Re: Winning and losers.
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 10:04:15 pm »
Isn't it past your bedtime, Tim........  ;D

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 10:05:31 pm »
I remember Skull telling that joke during the cricket broadcast, it was classic radio. I'll certainly will miss Kerry O'Keefe.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

mainline

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 10:12:06 pm »
Hopefully he can be talked into a comeback of sorts.

Offline davidmc

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 10:27:36 am »
Thats terrible, only Kerry O,Keefe could pull it off