Author Topic: VMX #39 is not far away now...  (Read 3133 times)

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
VMX #39 is not far away now...
« on: September 23, 2009, 12:20:35 pm »
Hi everyone!

This is just a quick note to let you know that the next issue of VMX is at the printers and will be out pretty soon.

Here's the cover...

As usual, the Pre-Sale eBay listings are now up, in case that is the way you like to get a copy  ;)

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
Re: VMX #39 is not far away now...
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 01:25:34 pm »
That actual bike, Marty Moates works KSI was on ebay UK just a few days ago and then disappeared.

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 01:42:38 pm »
Counting the sleeps.....

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 03:04:36 pm »
Mmmm... KSI Thumper... Dunno what it'd be like to ride but it LOOKS pretty fine. Hanging out for this issue even more now!

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 06:13:35 pm »
I have one of every copy so far and two of some 'cause i saw the front covers and thought "that looks good it must be the new one out" [but it wasn't].... As long as they keep putting in stories about dirt track and some of the excellent stories about vintage and classic personalities i'll keep on collecting each issue. cheers wally.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 09:48:36 pm »
Update.

Subscriber's copies are being mailed out tomorrow.

Newsagent copies should be on the shelves by the end of the week as well.

ted

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 04:03:10 pm »
Just plucked it out of the letter box....thanks

firko

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2009, 10:35:00 am »
Congratulations chaps on another classic issue. I've just finished reading it from cover to cover (I'm couch ridden with a tweaked back so it arrived at the right time) ;D.
Most of you know that I like the weird and unusual in our sport and this issue does it for me with the KSI Thumper, Franks Honda 125 and that bizarre Ribi suspended Cheney Yamaha. The Mosaic main page for the CD6 coverage is repeated from last year and it includes an awful "Mr Grumpy" shot of me looking quite bored with it all. I'm not sure the multi photo thing works but given the shitloads of photos taken I'd imagine it's hard to pick the shots . The Macca and Malam coverage aptly describes the fantastic vibe of the event.

The Parilla would have to be the prettiest of pre 65 bikes and the Fred Mork bike featured makes me want to find one.
In fact I had an eBay search straight after reading the article. It's also refreshing to see that the pre 65 scene is still hammering in Europe with a number of Monark/Huskys turning up as well as Speedway ESO engines crammed into everything from Huskys to Metisses.

In closing, I don't know who wrote the Maico 125 piece but I reckon he nailed it too ;). Good work everyone. 

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2009, 11:14:13 am »
Thanks Firko!

I'd have to agree that the Parilla is one of the most beautiful pre 65 bikes I'd ever seen as well.  When I went to Fred Mork's place in March this year, I had to choose a limited number of bikes to photograph due to the limited time period available and frankly, that bike just selected itself by being so stunning.  ;)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: VMX #39 KSI FRONT COVER
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2014, 10:30:00 am »
Quote from: JohnnyO l ???ink=topic=9770.msg96072#msg96072 date=1253676334
That actual bike, Marty Moates works KSI was on ebay UK just a few days ago and then disappeared.

up for sale   8)
http://www.midamericaauctions.com/motorcycle/honda/1978-honda-ksi-knobby-shop-marty-moates-replica/
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 01:03:55 pm by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!