Author Topic: fox air shocks ans simmonds forks  (Read 3263 times)

Offline LeighW

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
fox air shocks ans simmonds forks
« on: November 24, 2013, 05:58:00 pm »
hi all found a set of Simmonds forks and set of fox airs for my cr 250 whats a fair price for both the shocks are black most of the ones iv seen are silver bodied are the black ones a older version or vise versa cheers leigh

Offline crs-and-rms

• Legend
  • heaven 23
    • View Profile
Re: fox air shocks ans simmonds forks
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 08:27:27 pm »
i think the black ones are newer

Offline flower pot racing

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 09:50:08 am »
and if you need any, I have got some.  New, ready to bolt straight on.  (plus loads of other new parts for the air shox)

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 10:07:12 am »
and if you need any, I have got some.  New, ready to bolt straight on.  (plus loads of other new parts for the air shox)

How do you have 'new' ones?  Are they NOS or made from parts? ..... Or is someone still making them?
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline Big Bird

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 12:12:03 pm »
I believe new parts are being made, and I think it was Rod Spry in the UK who manufactures new Fox Air Shock components.  You don't really want NOS parts for these things, or at least not the rubber bits.  Thirty year old bladders and seals aren't going to seal too well.

Offline kenny5000

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 12:16:13 pm »

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2013, 12:31:09 pm »
I think Rod Spry bought a whole lot of NOS Fox Airshox parts and he also manufactures parts. Brand new bladders and seal kits are readily available also..

Offline flower pot racing

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 10:29:46 pm »
Rod Spry (England) has got a HUGE box of NOS parts.  Enough to build new shoxs.  Every widget known to man.  All the rubber parts are being remade and are in stock, bladders etc.  Seals are readily available.  New bodies (always worn when teh chain hits), new tops, pistons, shafts, the brass nut that screws into the body that can be damaged is you areny nice to it when servicing the shocks, bottom eyes, Ti locking nuts for the shaft new tab washers etc etc etc.  What do you need....?  In addition to that there are some new parts that have been made as old stock dried up.

Thor Lawson (America) also has parts and knows them inside out.

So two good sources to keep people on track.

(I also have some parts and can help if help is needed ~ how about a set of Fox replica yokes (tripple clamps) with steering stem ready to bolt straight into the front end of a Red Rocket to take a big 43mm set of forks.  comes complete with titanium fittings.  Treat yourself,  Christmas is coming.....)

Offline Vintmxman

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2013, 04:32:44 am »
 the difference in the black vs silver fox air shocks is the black bodied shocks are a early release and contain a single chamber design where the silver are a dual chamber design and were a second generation product. The silver ones with the dual chamber offer a much better suspension all around and are not as prone to heat build up and performance loss due to the heat. Heat is your biggest enemy when talking suspension performance. The harder you ride the more heat is created and the greater loss to performance is reliazed, this is much more of an issue when air is used. Go with the silver ones ! I have dozens of sets of each and prefer the silver for actual racing. The Simons forks can be made to work extremely well. You need to install the race tech emulators , which require drilling a few holes and spring changes. I also run these and they are on par with the fox forks which I also have on two of my bikes...I have aNOS set of Simons in the box with the clamps and hardware and would not accept any less than 2500 for those, a decent used set than require rebuild should cost between 1200 and 1500 depending on overall condition. Fox forks run from 2500 to 3200. I own a NOS set in the original packaging that I would not sell for less than 4k...hope this helps. All of the above prices are only my opinion ...yours may vary...