Good Idea

Yes terrific To race or watch
17 (89.5%)
Maybe But what No brakes??
2 (10.5%)
No would be boring shite
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Classic Grass track Speedway MX Dirttrack  (Read 8462 times)

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
Classic Grass track Speedway MX Dirttrack
« on: November 29, 2007, 11:24:36 pm »
 Just wondering (Dreaming?) If anyone else would be be interested in having a Classic Flat Grasstrack like the Old mile at Romsey. All types entered Speedway , Dirttrackers ,Longtrackers and of course VMXers and Enduros, Solos and sidecars. Follow the old "NO "working brakes rules and just flat out around the grass Circle/bent oval ......... Smell the Methanol and the R30 See the  Mighty Vincents and the JAP 88s  Kawasaki triples Suzuki T500s and 750 Waterbottles screaming ,Honda 754s at over 100 mph .......... 501 Maicos Jawas ESOs Goddens GMs Big bore Brits, Euros and all the Japanese Two and Four strokes  all in and HOT...
  My dream  ;)Cheers Tim 754
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Classic Grass track Speedway MX Dirttrack
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 11:33:47 pm »
that would be good i have a evo long tracker just the thing for that.upright 4 valve jawa 500
cheers
jimg

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 07:36:39 am »
do you have a venue in mind yet Tim?
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline Tim754

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 10:55:28 am »
Yes ,A former horse racing track ( still has bush fun pony racing days BUT lack of water is a concern) that is part a golf course in Northern Vic....... not Romsey ... Wide ,fast and grass. Putting a submission off my own bat to the custodians in late January. ;)  It has had the horrible wooden fences removed too!!!  Has anybody else got any possibles?? please look about and don,t be afraid to ask,Flat ,reasonably smooth and wide straight.   (Hey where I live there is a 350 Hectare Field day / multi purpose Event Centre..... Toilets showers huge sheds catering parking for 5000 cars at least  camping permited and lots of flat ground like a grass airstrip for a main straight.............. ;) Hmmm 8)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 11:04:03 am by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 02:52:07 pm »
Elmore is good, no brakes........er not on the 2 stroke, rears only ok, no engine braking on the 2 eys, and if i run the decomp lever  i always seem to fowl the plug if its off the run to stop.
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Tim754

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 10:31:57 am »
Flemington NICE  ;D  Reality unfortunately Horse racing tracks (Gallops ,harness ,pony clubs, all.) have a big problem about Equine Influenza. Transporting machines for use on them from one state or area to another is restricted. So I have just been informed by relevant Government sources. Research is a shit sometimes!!!!!!!!!  Neddy has a runny nose so horse shit beats horsepower ! as always , not to mention the taxes and gambling revenue our greedy governments and the rip off wealth  an "Elite"' few derive from the fore mentioned " Industry" >:( (sorry to all genuine horse owners and  lovers )
But hey I will keep looking, asking, stirring as it seems more than a few would relish the meeting.
 Freaky  I remember Long Grasstrack Sidecar used to have no brakes. (correct if wrong please somebody) Four stroke ,Two stroke  aspirated or supercharged. :-* A wide track over 1000 metres in a very rough oval ,all corners the same way......... sort of like a F*****g big grass and dirt Speedway. :) Tim
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 10:37:23 am by Tim754 »
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2007, 10:36:21 am »
i will have a go Tim if it gets up (i'll be there anyway so may as well ride it) do you plan on an "Offical" race meet or a low key ride day?
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1986 Honda CR250RG

Offline Tim754

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2007, 10:40:17 am »
It would be an Official day as believe me that seems actually easier to get a track permit. Of course it is still a  huge bloody nightmare!
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Rosco86

• A-Grade
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2007, 10:15:29 am »
Hi Tim
Will bring Hagon Jap and Mk1 Godden Weslake I last raced there in 1979 if you get it going. long way from Nth Qld, but if Romsey re-emerges I there.
Rosco.
PS Did John Heaviside ever find the Vintage Speedway outfit he was on the hunt for?

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2007, 03:03:19 pm »
Rosco, i think TIM said "LIKE Romsey" i don't htink it will actually be romsey.
1986 Honda CR250RG

Offline Tim754

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2008, 04:13:06 pm »
All for bloody nothing. I am obviously not allowed to put forward a proposal for some entertainment for people as I most certainly are not a millionaire dodgy bastard or a standard crooked politician. Will try again soon. Tim . anyone want to help?
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2008, 05:02:27 pm »
what i would like to see is the mothballs taken off the existing but unused long track at nepean raceway .i have some reservations about turn two but minor re-alinement should fix that. every thing else is all there. ready for action.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline Tim754

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2014, 04:51:11 pm »
Here a link to that good aerial photo (from 2010)  showing the size of the grass track at Romsey. You can remarkably still see the race circuit. To those that don't know that is a full sized golf course on the infield.
http://api.ning.com/files/vgG0CUmPWqhWZwpFIhD7GlICc3rIW5oWexBSt9bUNLNNmQEdu0ks81cnLM1*WSRCmHhSWFvfaJoV*5rskgGo1LKMRI96X8qb/RomseyGrassTrackVic.jpg

You may have to hold right button and select all from http to .jpg then paste to new header ;)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 12:07:01 am by Tim754 »
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Rosco86

• A-Grade
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2014, 06:55:34 pm »
Great place to ride, 4 speed amc gearbox, 500 wessie and geared to the hilt and still looking for more down the straights. Terry Rooney full noise on the kwaka 750 would bring back some memories hey Tim

Offline micks

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2014, 07:04:28 pm »
Pancho forget Nepean there`s no more long track and licence.