Author Topic: Rickman Zundapp on vft.org  (Read 836 times)

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
Rickman Zundapp on vft.org
« on: December 06, 2013, 09:46:51 am »
No photo as my Photobucket is on the fritz. This'd be a great little Elsinore beater, they're a genuinely competitive pre 75 125 once the gearbox is sorted and according to the seller, this one's been done. To correct the sellers description, it's a Micro Metisse, not a Petite Metisse...they're very different animals.
http://www.vft.org/vftforsale3-StreetMXers.html
This is a well-sorted and known AHRMA vintage race Petite Mitesse or Rickman Zundap. All the best, shift kit (no longer shifts like a Sachs), Work Performance shocks, Betor forks with the right springs, Magnum down pipe in excellent shape, very new Sun shoulderless alloy rims (don't cary all the mud around), all Rickman componentry, Mikuni carb conversion, mildly ported, the little Zundap with the huge fins is fresh and really sings and at idle makes a very nasty full-race rap rap. Gears are close ratio and front end gets light in every gear. This is not a project, total setup by the former racer/owner, who maintained all the little details superbly. This bike was even flat tracked by former owner with a changout of wheels.  I have only ridden it in trails in Twain Hart, not wanting to dent that pretty metal tank or wreck its patina. I had one of these in High School, and they are great all around bikes. Make a great present to someone over 50 or even 60, Ha ha. Harass the Yamahas and Hondas with this classy European entry.

$2,000 firm and worth every penny.

Call Steve at (415) 515-2980        [email protected]
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
Re: Rickman Zundapp on vft.org
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 07:40:17 pm »
'yes' ;)
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.