Author Topic: 91 rm125 rebuild  (Read 667 times)

Tremayne

91 rm125 rebuild
« on: November 16, 2013, 07:15:19 pm »
Not strictly vintage, yet, but an old bike none the less and very exciting to ride.
I'm finding that the '91 model had a lot of parts that were unique to that model.
The forks are stuffed and I can't be bothered trying to source parts to repair them, they have damper and rebound adjusters top and bottom which just spin freely and don't seem to do anything, the fork seals were horrendously difficult to replace the first time around and needed doing again almost straight away.

Can anyone suggest some adjustable damping forks that can be made to work? Anything aftermarket?

The swingarm bearings are definitely shot, there's about 5-10mm of side-side play in the swingarm, If by chance they've chopped out the metal in the casings, what's the best way to repair it?

The clickers on the rear shock don't do anything either but I think the shock just needs new seals, fresh oil and a re-gas.

The rest of the bike is quite good, just want to re-paint the frame and do some well needed maintenance, and get the brakes working properly.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 07:19:25 pm by Tremayne »