Author Topic: Snipe  (Read 1656 times)

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
Snipe
« on: November 02, 2013, 02:52:36 pm »
   Ok how many of you blokes are using snipe?
    I have been thinking about starting for a while but just had a bit of an issue with it but now with the computer and ebay being 2 of our most useful tools then it makes sense to get the most out of them.
  So
    There are several suppliers, which one offers the best product
    What are the fee's, is there any annual fee on top of transaction charges
    How easy is it to use

Or what do you think about it.
                                                   Zane

Everyday I find one more name to add to the list of people who piss me off.

Offline kdx Geoff

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Snipe
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 03:39:36 pm »

l looked at it but l believe the snipe needs to log into your account and bid from there, that meant l would have to give my password to that machine and who knows what it might decide to buy me  ;D

The things l really want them l buy, a few dollars here or there doesn't worry me, if l could find an as new genuine rear guard for my kdx, l would just buy it not trust a machine to do it for me hoping l might save a couple of bucks.

l am a late adopter with technology though   8)

Geoff

Buying kdx air cooled drum brake unitrak bikes and parts

Offline POM

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 07:19:27 pm »
If your happy to pay about $45 a yr, snipe is very good.....works a treat for those items youv forgottten about and only remember when the auctions over.........no password issues....very straightforward.

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 07:32:19 pm »
The thing is it is only going to win you an item if you have the highest max bid it might stop a few bids bumping you up at the end but really you can manually do it and not leave much time.

I rarely use it mainly if it is an overseas item ending at a strange time or i am not going to be around.

It is stupid to wack your max on early and let people chip away at it.
1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline PEZBerq

• Legend
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 08:59:38 pm »
Agree. If you want it then a sniper makes sure you don't forget to bid at the last minute. I have kicked myself many times for forgetting about an auction ending. You still need the highest bid loaded in the sniper though!
Husqvarnas: 78 390AMX, 82 430XC, 84 240WR, 84 500AE, 84 510TE, 87 510TE

Offline MX?

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Classic Bike Forum
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2013, 09:08:49 pm »
I've been using Auctionstealer for years now. Very useful thing!
Feature of both the free service and paid below.
I've been using the paid service. I find it's good for staying to your limit (just place an amount and see what happens) surprising what you get sometimes, but the big plus is that you don't need to be around watching the auction and trying to place a bid at the last moment, or placing early bids and risk either becoming tangled up in a bidding war with others or having the price continually pushed up via Shill bidders.

Offline TeeBone

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2013, 10:28:38 pm »
POM> If you're paying for the "pleasure", you need to do a little more research. There are snipe programs available that cost nothing and are reliable. I SNIPE!
Destined to a life behind bars. A garage full of KTM's and a 73 CR 250M Honda....H7 250 Monty will be at Harrow!
A "never was" of the Nineties...

albrid-3

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2013, 10:31:45 pm »
l never forget to bid.