Author Topic: Who is going to bring this to OZ?  (Read 2348 times)

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
Re: Who is going to bring this to OZ?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 10:09:07 am »
Nice! Not an original so it should go for less money..

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2013, 10:32:36 am »
The seller Leon Roach is a friend. I bought my first Hindall from him about 12 years ago and we've remained "pen pals" ever since. He also sold Dave Mac his yet to be seen in public Cheney 450 Ducati. Leon's an honest and up front bloke whom I'm sure will help whoever buys the bike with prepping the bike for export. Huntington Beach is only 15 minutes down the 605 Freeway from Long Beach so the internal shipping slug isn't in the equation.  The frame might be a replica but it's got all of the good bits making it a gun pre 75 racer.

Here is a 1974 CCM GP Replica.  The frame and motor were built by Dave and Ed Valiket of E & V Engineering about 10 years ago.  This was built exactly to the specification of John Banks race bike.  I won the Vintage Iron World Championships in 2005 on this bike.  There is the finest of the finest.

It has an NEB crank, rod, J & E Piston, NEB 3 speed transmission, NEB Clutch, Interspan Ignition, Mikuni Carb, CCM Magnesium wheels, special magnesium 35mm forks, special Megacycle cam, high performance E & V Engineering specially prepared cylinder head.  100mm stroke by 89 or 90mm bore (cannot remember).  Last time I weighed the bike it came in at 221 pounds.  This was not on a certified scale but my Wheelsmith 440 Maico came in at 224 pounds on the same scale.  Sold the Wheelsmith long ago and never thought I would part with this bike.  You won't find another vintage mx bike that is more enjoyable to ride and as quick as this one.   Looks great and runs great.  Includes a new NOS Preston Petty white Muder fender as the one on the bike is not shiny.  There is a small dent in the muffler and some small nicks/dings on the tank.  The kickstart scraped a "quarter sized" piece of chrome off the frame. Big money though.

This is a race bike and there is no title.  It is certainly "clear" as I am certainly the owner.  I will, of course, provide a bill of sale.  I did not photograph the engine #'s on purpose.  They are B50MX XXXXXXX.

Will do my best to answer any questions. 

'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2013, 10:49:13 am »
may be Unzud!!!! No price
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina