Author Topic: New beginnings  (Read 5804 times)

Offline popeye

• Legend
  • 1-2-3 wheel's l don't care...All good fun.
    • View Profile
New beginnings
« on: March 17, 2014, 05:50:44 AM »
Hello guys, we now have 2 new sidecars out of the sheds and back on the tracks, Adam Lamon and myself have now finished both our outfits with only some fine tuning to be done, Jamie Mcmurdo rebuilding the old Wasp now with a KX 500 motor in it, Adam bought the sidecar off myself 3/4 done and then they fitted the new motor and prettied it up some more, with just the motor needing some tuning she'll be fine, and my VMC with an Air cooled motor done by Mark Powell in it also now 99 percent done, if any ones looking to get an engine done I would highly recommend Mark he has done a hell of a job on both the pipe and the motor it's a weapon, yesterday was its first hard ride and its impressive to say the least, come on Shelpi and 270 yam, get em going.... Hahaha
IN IT FOR THE FUN OF IT. LIKE MR NIKE SAYS JUST DO IT.

Offline yungy

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: New beginnings
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 09:14:23 PM »
I am working on your next sidecar Popeye be ready in 12 months lol

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 10:21:33 AM »
prob run 2 classes up here now.....lite-weights and heavy shitters.
The shitters sound better and are very good exercise but crikey the lite-weights are FUN

Offline lama

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 07:31:15 PM »
Wasp we r all running pre 85 in the titles but when we have a club day we run it under pre 90 and basically run what u bring 91s not accepted of course but we want as many on the line as possible and have a great time doing it I think the major problem with all the crap that goes on is everyone forgets we r out there for FUN it certainly brings a smile to my dial ( by the way mine is going really well I just need to learn how to ride it but it is creating some interest at the track so it might bring a few more newbies in )  :)  :)   :)

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 03:15:10 PM »
 It would be real shame to see those pure  pre 85 bikes disappear ( again )
They are going the same way as us Wally, turning to dust before our eyes soon.
No-one really gives a fig about old 4stroke sidecars and the solo wankers that are never tough enough to even get on board one are keen as buggery to get rid of us.
BMCC had its first practice for the year at Nudgee and I don't think even one outfit turned up.
They aren't too bothered by it even though they will loose 15 or 20 members from the sidecar family along with it.
As long as there are some sidecars at Echo Valley there will be a race. You should come along.

Offline Iain Cameron

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 02:08:37 PM »
Has anyone ever made a chair out of a 74 mx360\sc 500 . Just a idea as I have a roller here and need a new project . Iain
Yamaha tragic ; dt1, rt1, dt2, rt2, dt2mx , rt2mx , mx250, mx360,sc500, 74dt125, yzx125, yzc250, yzc400, yzd250, yzd400, yzh250, yzh80 , dt100 , xr75 ko xr80 03 , it175 82 . Not a member of any club

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2014, 06:58:54 PM »
The Wasp frames with the air bag suspension thingy Walter, where do they fit in. Not suggesting I know were one to suit a 754 engine is in Australia  ;) ;) ;) ;) Tim754
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2014, 11:11:42 AM »
Yep the Anthony's and it flew ;) Ive got a couple of DT360A donks and a frame wich I would like to build a chair out of, done properly they are a weapon :)

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2014, 03:03:11 PM »
The likes of the all conquering darrren's Williams CR480 outfit, wasn't that water cooled ?

Ride what you like guys, frames and all. 

So long as the bikes frames and engines and major components are all pre 85, then go for it and have fun.  Some random list of what combinations where run in programs, you can save for the home scrap book or that museum parade lap when you next get a pre 85 back in the day call up  at the bike bonanza.

Build your sport back up and get it back on the track, numbers make all the difference.
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2014, 03:07:51 PM »
Has anyone ever made a chair out of a 74 mx360\sc 500 . Just a idea as I have a roller here and need a new project . Iain

yes i have built a Sc500 with the wacky front end, planned to race it at MRA the day i had my solo crash.  why you wanna borrow it for Pt augusta  :)
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2014, 04:12:53 PM »
not sure everyone above is talking about the factory Old school sidecar makers, sure you cant make a wasp a mon if it wasnt what ever era, but i think these chaps are talking about getting people to fit a chair to the over supply of Pre 85 solos out there and make some new ones to boost the numbers on the track.

74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2014, 08:00:10 PM »
Shelpi (really just for my interest as I can not recall or find Maico MX sidecars) could post a photo of your frame on here or maybe privately email me one? Cheers Tim754
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.