Author Topic: e-mail replies  (Read 2038 times)

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
e-mail replies
« on: September 30, 2007, 09:00:31 pm »
I just noticed in "oldmotcrossers" post for RM pistons that his e-mails have bounced back, I too have had this problem with e-mails a few times over the years.
I have had a lot of emails that I have replied to that have bounced back as either non existing address or they bounce back because the server thinks I'm spam. I asked an IT guy once what to do & he said that I should contact the guy & tell him I'm not spam, well "derrr" how do I contact him to tell him this if I can't get through.
I had a dozen or so of these early in the year & I have another at the moment that doesn't bounce back but doesn't appear to be going through either despite about six attempts & he keeps asking why don't I reply.
Iv'e noticed here a few times that guys have complained about not getting any answers from companies, it may be because of a similar problem.
The internet is a great means of comunication but it's not perfect so it would be wise to also send another means of contact with your e-mails, be it fax, phone or address.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
Re: e-mail replies
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 10:57:54 pm »
Most spam I've received tends to come from "@yahoo" or "@hotmail" addresses so a lot of filters remove emails from those places. I know mine does, so I tell someone I'm communicating with that they can't contact me with an email address from either of those two as most people have a "real" address they don't like to give out as they get spammed if they do.
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 04:45:33 pm »
actually was going to write and say I had just noticed maybe a problem with this web sites email.  When I go to reply to sender on getting a pm the return email address is not the correct one - went to reply to a friend the other day and up popped Tim754 in the send to file - happened also when I went to write to you about that RM Cyclegod!!!

Thoughts - or is it operator error?

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 06:19:42 pm »
 Yes I have received an email by obvious mistake from rossandvicki , just returned it and deleted my end.???? Tim
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.